🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot end a contract, please help!
Page options
instantpro
Community Member

Cannot end a contract, please help!

Hiya,

I am new at upwork, and I have got my first job very quickly. But after just the job's been assigned to me, client stop communicating with me. I did not start the job as am waiting the list of items and credentials. I have sent messages to her but no reply whatsoever. it's been a week and I think it's time to end the contract. But I could not see an option to end it. Can someone help please? I have attached screenshot for the options I do see.Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dilek,

You will need to enter in the contract room and then click on the three dots at the right, next to Terms&Setting. In the drop down menu you will have the option End Contract. If you need further help let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi, Dilek.

In my experience, you might want to wait longer before canceling the contract. It isn't unusual for a new client to take a week or more to get their own ducks in a row once they've hired you, or they might have an unexpected distraction/emergency, etc., etc.

I don't worry about idle projects until a quiet month has passed, but I do move on to engage other projects while I'm waiting.

colettelewis
Community Member

@Dilek Y wrote:

Hiya,

I am new at upwork, and I have got my first job very quickly. But after just the job's been assigned to me, client stop communicating with me. I did not start the job as am waiting the list of items and credentials. I have sent messages to her but no reply whatsoever. it's been a week and I think it's time to end the contract. But I could not see an option to end it. Can someone help please? I have attached screenshot for the options I do see.Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dilek,

Do you have a fixed-rate or hourly contract? 

Whichever it is,I agree with Will don't close it just yet. Your client may come back to you, but don't do any work either until she does. I would certainly wait another  week or so before taking any action. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths