cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter address on new account

Ira Jason J Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
1 of 20

Hi, I just created my new account, verified the email, logged in, and the first page it takes me to is the Create Profile page.  I filled out the entire page, click submit, and get an error telling me that I have to fix one error before it will let me continue.  It says I need to fill out the field labled "street".  The thing is, I did...there is a text box above the word street that says "Start typing your address", which is where the street address went.  The other problem is, the "Street" field is grayed out so it won't let me type anything in it, so there's no way to proceed.  I tried clearing history, cache, different computers, phone, tablet, all of that, but the same problem.  Now when I go back, not only is the "Street" field grayed out, but also "City", "State", and "Zip".  "Country" field is also grayed out, but it has "United States" typed in it already, and that's fine.  I live in the US, so I don't know what the problem is.  It won't let me do anything until I complete this page.

Thank you

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 20

Jason,

When you enter your address in the "Start typing your address" field, does it show in the drop down menu? You should be able to select it from the list and it will auto-fill the rest of the fields:

Screenshot_24.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 20

Hi Valeria,

Yeah, the dropdown box appears and I select the address, but there is another blank textbox below that that is grayed out. I don't even know what you would type in that because I have the address in the field above.  It says "street" but the street address is in the field above.  Please see attachment.  There's nothing to even type in there, but the page is trying to force me to type something in there and won't let me pass until I do...but it's grayed out and won't let me type anything in there anyway.

4 of 20

I finally got it to go through.  Thank you

Stuart K Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
5 of 20

Hello Upwork Folks,

I am 99% done with my profile, but when I try and enter my street address so I can submit my profile everything hits the proverbial fan. When I start entering my address in the box it auto-completes and then tells me to "Please enter a complete address that includes a street number" (It is a complete address with a street number BTW). Then it prevents me from manually entering my address in the fields below. I've tried this in Googe Chrome and Opera with no luck.

This is becoming exceedingly frustrating. I feel like Clark Griswold standing at the locked gates of Wally World. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

6 of 20

Stuart,

When you start entering your address into the "Start typing your address" field do you see you in the drop down menu? Once you select it from that drop down, it should auto-fill all the fields. Do you still see an error after the address is entered?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Stuart K Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
7 of 20

Valeria.

It seems that some, but not all addresses cause an error when you select them from the drop-down list. Unfortunately, mine seems to be one that causes an error. Aside from moving to a new house, what do you suggest?

Stuart 

8 of 20

Stuart, an agent will contact you directly via a support ticket for more details and will assist you with entering your address.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sheik G Member Since: Oct 4, 2017
9 of 20

brother i have same problem 

how u solved this CITY problem in profile update

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 20

Hi Sheik,

Please follow the steps Valeria shared in her comment above and follow up here with an update in case you need further assistance.

@Valeria K wrote:

Stuart,

When you start entering your address into the "Start typing your address" field do you see you in the drop down menu? Once you select it from that drop down, it should auto-fill all the fields. Do you still see an error after the address is entered?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS