🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot enter address on new account
Page options
nearmedesign
Community Member

Cannot enter address on new account

Hi, I just created my new account, verified the email, logged in, and the first page it takes me to is the Create Profile page.  I filled out the entire page, click submit, and get an error telling me that I have to fix one error before it will let me continue.  It says I need to fill out the field labled "street".  The thing is, I did...there is a text box above the word street that says "Start typing your address", which is where the street address went.  The other problem is, the "Street" field is grayed out so it won't let me type anything in it, so there's no way to proceed.  I tried clearing history, cache, different computers, phone, tablet, all of that, but the same problem.  Now when I go back, not only is the "Street" field grayed out, but also "City", "State", and "Zip".  "Country" field is also grayed out, but it has "United States" typed in it already, and that's fine.  I live in the US, so I don't know what the problem is.  It won't let me do anything until I complete this page.

Thank you

48 REPLIES 48

Just type first two letters of the city and wait for Upwork to show the dropdown menu.

I tried that. No drop down menu.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pravesh, 

In the Address field, please type-in your address to see if it will auto-populate with different addresses. You should be able to choose your address from there, and when you click on it, the rest of the fields should auto-populate. 

Let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, thank you for quick response. Unfortunately, even when I fill all the other fields, neither "Address" or "City" auto-populate.

-Lukas

Hi Lukas,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I did clean the cookies and the cache. I tried to switch the browsers and even tried to log in on different computer. Neither of these attepts helped.

-Lukas

Hi Lukas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ee502a42
Community Member

I have the same problem. My address does NOT appear in the dropdown menu. There is something weird with my street and this is a consistent problem. How can I enter my address manually? Please. Thank you.

Hi Yumne,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths