cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter address on new account

Ira Jason J Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 20

I have a different adrress from where I work and live.  I found out you HAVE to put the address of where your internet is because it is tracking your IP....even to your city level.  I assume, so you can't claim to be from somewhere you're not.

Rahul D Member Since: Nov 6, 2017
12 of 20

I am having the same problem. No drop down menu to enter 'City' and it does not allow manual entry of text.

Community Guru
Aaron Luigi L Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
13 of 20

Hi Rahul,

Sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing. Can you kindly try the following troubleshooting steps if you haven't done so already:

- Clear your regular browser's cache and cookies then try again

- Use a different browser

- Check your browser's security blocking settings of any if the Upwork pages are being blocked

- Temporarily turn off your computer's antivirus and firewall programs and try again

If none of these work, please get back with us with the screenshot of the error page you are getting so we can further diagnose the issue. Thanks for your cooperation.

- Aaron
Untitled
Kamran A Member Since: Nov 6, 2017
14 of 20

Trying to change my city , however the system keeps saying "Please select a city from the list.", even though I select Toronto from the list.

My country is set to Canada.

Community Guru
Aaron Luigi L Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
15 of 20

Hi Kamran,

Sorry to hear that inconvenience. Can you kindly try the following troubleshooting steps if you haven't done so already:

- Clear your regular browser's cache and cookies then try again

- Use a different browser

- Check your browser's security blocking settings of any if the Upwork pages are being blocked

- Temporarily turn off your computer's antivirus and firewall programs and try again

If none of these work, please get back with us with the screenshot of the error page you are getting so we can further diagnose the issue. Thanks for your cooperation.

- Aaron
Untitled
Lena P Member Since: Jan 12, 2018
16 of 20

Same problem - this probem has existed for years.  Upwork cant get it right by now?

Trying to create profile but won't find my address - why not just use Zip code?  Google finds my address fine but upwork cant.   TO add I fillied out a 300 Plus word profile and now all thats lost.

This SERVICE SUX

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 20

Hi Lena, 

I tried replicating your issue but was unable to do so. When you start typing in your address on the "Start typing your address" box, a drop-down of different addresses should populate as shown on the image below. Let us know if this is not the case for you. 

Honesuckle.png

-Avery
Untitled
David H Member Since: May 28, 2018
18 of 20

I'm running into this issue after submitting the page with a blank Street... it now says "This field is required" in-between the 1st and 2nd "Street" fields (so I don't know which one it's referring to), but I'm unable to click in or type into the 1st field, and even after filling out the 2nd field, submitting gives me the same error.

This isn't making sense. I took a picture because a screenshot doesn't capture the cancel symbol from the mouse cursor.

I can probably hack the page but this is a counter-productive error that's making the experience sour (not to mention requiring my address and phone for an online freelance job site).

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
19 of 20

Hi David,

One of the members of the team will reach out to you directly via an email ticket to help assist with the issue you are experiencing with regard to entering your information. You'll be hearing from them very shortly.

~Nina
David H Member Since: May 28, 2018
20 of 20

OYKaSAk

I've worked on several websites building the JavaScript that can parse phone numbers... and most of the time I didn't even have to write the code, I used something already existing online. Upwork should be able to parse a phone number in the US, they're all the same format, or at least it should be able to strip all characters but numbers. This looks very amateurish.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS