🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458
mjwessel
Community Member

So I've tried to change my address because it no longer reflects my current address but no matter what I do it seems to be impossible. I seem not to have the ability to click on the option to change my profile settings as everytime I do, it puts me back on the change password option. When I try and change my tax info, it send me back to the change password tab. And, almost all the tabs where I might be able to access the change address stuff, sends me back to my change password tab. Soooo, I cleared my cookies, tried in in multiple browsers, but still cannot change my current address. It is more than frustrating because I want to use this platform, but seem unable to update details. Which makes it quite useless as the services I'm offering are location specific. If there's a fix, I'd love to know about it.

petra_r
Community Member

@Michael W wrote:

So I've tried to change my address because it no longer reflects my current address but no matter what I do it seems to be impossible. I seem not to have the ability to click on the option to change my profile settings as everytime I do, it puts me back on the change password option.

Does it send you to the screen to re-enter your password (normal) or actually a screen that asks you to "change" it? (I have never seen a screen that asks to "change" the password in all the years I've been here.

This is the normal "re-enter password" screen everyone gets when they want to access sensitive parts of the account:

reenter.jpg

If that is the case, simply enter your password and click on "Continue"

If you are seeing something else, let us know...

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that. If your situation is different from Petra's guess about your concern, could you please respond with the address you'd like to change your address to? Thanks!

Untitled
petra_r
Community Member

Ryan C wrote:........ could you please respond with the address you'd like to change your address to? Thanks!

You are surely not suggesting that he should post his full address on a public forum??????

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra, I think Ryan is suggesting to share the general location such as the country or the state so that we can go and try it for ourselves. 

Michael, I was unable to replicate your issue. Could you please try changing your address by accessing this link? If you are able to access it, please type-in your address in the "Start typing your address" box. If you are still unable to access this page, let me know so that I can ask the Customer Support Team to help you troubleshoot this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Petra, I think Ryan is suggesting to share the general location such as the country or the state so that we can go and try it for ourselves. 

Oh please... That has nothing to do with it and would be utterly irrelevant. Michael can't even get to the page where he can do anything to the address because he (most likely) got confused by the "re-enter your password" screen.

And telling someone to "respond with the address you'd like to change your address to" is asking someone to post the address. In any language.

And this link lands on the "re-enter your password" screen 😉

I had this same problem. Mine was because it wanted me to choose a security password. After I did that and checked the necessary boxes it let me update other parts of my profile. 

I can't change my address - and thefore I am not able to apply to any job...

I did update my country and street but I am not able to update my city... I did provide my password. Please help. 

Hi Karol,

I checked your account, and I can see that you have already added your city on file. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, 

I'm also not able to change my street in my address...

Could you change it to:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I will erase this message once you make the change.

Thank you

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nwebb92
Community Member

My address is not listed in the [start typing your address] box, so I have to input it manually, however, it won't allow me to enter the street name, and thus I am unable to progress with creating my profile.

Please advise on how I can resolve this issue.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Neil,

When you start typing your address in the address field a drop down menu will be showed with suggestions to chose from as your location. Once you have chosen one of the suggestions the other fields should be auto populated. If you have any issues with this please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser, if you still can`t list your street after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried to do so, but upon choosing the right selection, it comes up with the error: Unable to recognise your street number. It then asks me to enter my address manually. I’ve tried with multiple browsers, and have cleared my cache and cookies etc., but to no avail. Whatever combination I enter to find my address, it won’t auto-populate the other fields.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the follow up Neil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket shortly and assist you further with this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

am having the same trouble. My address is not listed in the choices.

llnave
Community Member

My street address is not listed in the auto-fill-in drop-down menu. When I attempt to type it in manually and continue, it tells me "this field is required" where I have typed in the street address. how can I override the requirement to chose from the drop-down?

Hi Laurie,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aatikah,

You need to add your address in the filed above the Address field where it says "Start Typing your Address".
Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey
I did enter my address but the street is greyed out and I cannot enter
anything there

Hi Aatikah,

Your address is added and your application is under review now, please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello - I am having the same issue others appear to have. Cant save profile as street address line won't auto fill and won't let me type in it. 

Thank you

Hi Kim,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your concern, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
asappkev
Community Member

Hi Bojan, I'm having the same issues. Can someone please contact me to help resolve this problem? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to assist you with submitting your application for the review, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Having same issue!  I do start putting in address where it says "start typing address" but the next field in not live and the form will not submit.

Hi Cheryl,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with submitting your application for the review. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
khephjack
Community Member

Hey Bojan, the same thing is happening to me, do you think you can help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khephra, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to supply a street name for the street field. Are you looking to update your address? If so, kindly edit the address by filling in the "Start typing your address" field, and pick out your address from the drop-down options that auto-populate when you start typing. 

Let us know if you need further assistance so that our team can look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same problem entering my street address.  I have tried clearing the cache and history as suggested but it still has the address field circled in red and won't let me type anything in the field

Hi Stephen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
seilind
Community Member

I'm having the same issue...

Hi Seilin,

Please try putting your complete address on the "Start typing your address" field. If you do that,your address will automatically populate in the drop down options. When that happens, you can choose your address from one of the options and the other fields will be filled in automatically. If the issue persists or you go through any other issues, let us know and our team will assist you further

~ Riri

Hi, I am having the same issue. I click my address in the drop-down menu and it fills out all boxes other than the street, which is gray and will not allow me to click to type. If I could get some assistance with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. 

Hi Sara,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser and then put your complete address on the "Start typing your address" field. Once you chose from the drop-down menu all the fields will be auto populated. If you experience the same problem with the street let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. I've entered all theother required information. My address auto-populated. But I can't submit the form because the unclickable "street" field isn't filled out.

Hi Laura, 

I want to check if you typed-in your address in the field noted below. It will auto-populate with different addresses, and you can select your address from the options available. Once you select your address, the other fields in this section of will auto-populate. Please don't forget to add your city in the City field, should this field not automatically populate. 

Let me know if the issue persists so I can assist you further.

Start Typing Your Address.png

~ Avery
Upwork

I did what you described, and every field auto-populated except the one
labeled "street." There's an empty field above that one which is clickable,
and that is where my street auto-populated.

Hi Laura, 

Could you please confirm if this persists even if you clear your cookies, or use a different browser? Let us know so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths