🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458

I am having the same issue. I can't enter my address and move forward with the application. 

Hi Lovina, 

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
ftrew
Community Member

Hi, 

I am also encountering the same issue. The auto fill does not recognise my "street number" although we do not have numbers in England. The manual entry also does not recognise my address.

Can someone get into contact with me to resolve this issue? 

Kind Regards, 

Finn T

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Finn,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I am having the same issue, it won't let me put my adress in. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Hi Adorable, 

Could you please try filling-in the "Start typing your address" field to see if it auto-populates with different addresses? This should automatically populate as you type along the field.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same issue. Can someone contact me? Thank you so much!

Hi Dominika, 

I checked your account and it looks like you issue has already been resolved. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update this thread, and I'll assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am also have the same exact issue - seems odd to me this issue has been going on for so long without a permanant fix.  Can someone please help me?

Hi Ryan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
miythy010
Community Member

Hey I have the same problem. I am trying to type and confirm it but it never does that.I wrote my street information as in order and it still not accept it. Could you help me please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arda,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
g_est
Community Member

Can you help me with that the same issue thanks in advance

Hi Gerald,

I checked your account, and it looks like you are already on the profile creation page. Are you not able to select any of the services on the menu or add your skill?

~ Joanne
Upwork
g_est
Community Member

Good Day when I reach at address area there was none related to
Philippines particularly from Street an etc.. It was all in US. That is
why I can't save my profile.

Thank you 🙂
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gerald,

I checked your account and can see that your country is already set to the Philippines and that you have recently submitted your account for the team's review. Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be complete. Once you are all set, you should be able to start bidding for jobs in the Upwork marketplace. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

I have the same problem

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dean'S, 

Could you please type your address in the "Start typing your address" field. 

Start Typing Your Address.png

This should auto-populate with different addresses as you type. Once your address shows up in the list, please choose it from the drop-down options. Once you click on your address, the rest of the fields will be filled in. If some of the fields are blank, you can type in the other fields manually. 

Please let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue so that I can assist you further.

Start Typing Your Address copy.png

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

It wont let me change it.

Hi Dean`S,

Just to confirm, are you getting any errors on your end? Or simply the field is not responsive? 
Could you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to change your address? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey there,

I'm having the same issue. My address when entered doesn't appear in the drop down option. 

Hi,

Also experiencing issues. My address doesn't seem to exist on the Upwork database, therefore I'm unable to complete my profile.

How Can I resolve this?

Regards.

Hi Matthew,

Please start typing your address on the field where it says "Start Typing your Address" and a drop-down menu with suggestion will show to you. Once you chose one of the suggestion everything will be auto populated. If you`re still experiencing any problems with your address let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I've done that, but my address doesn't exist on there for some reason?
Therefore I can only enter the wrong address in for the street, with the
rest being accurate, if that make sense?

Thanks.

Hi Matthew,

Please send me a PM (click on my name) with your correct address so that I can investigate this further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ef3e9988
Community Member

Hi Bojan. I can not save my profile that i completed all steps because i can not write my street adress. Can you help me?

Hi Cenk,

I tried but was not able to replicate an issue with writing your address. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? If so, please send a screenshot.

~Andrea
Upwork
fe62bb88
Community Member

Hey Bojan,

I have same problem. Can you help me? I can't enter street

Hi Aysegul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I actually tried but I'm unable to replicate the issue with writing your address. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser? Let me know if the issue persists and I'll look further into that for you. If you can provide screenshots of what you can see from your end, that would be extremely helpful.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same issue trying to enter my address while completing my profile. I filled in all the information and lost it all because I could not get the address to work.

The only address that auto-populates with my street address is in California and I am from Texas.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.

This is very frustrating!

Hi Pamela,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your application form!

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having a similar issue; I'm traveling right now and now I can't change the country in the address field, to match my actual residence. 

Hi Kitty,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue.  I cannot proceed to the next step as the site will not accept my address as valid and it absolutely is.  I tried typing it out in different ways as my street name is a number and nothing will work, nor will it accept my state.  Sounds like this system needs to be updated.  

Hi Katherine,

Could you please try entering your address manually by clicking here?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b0c302fa
Community Member

I have done this already. I start typing manually and then it wants me to
select from a list. My address is not in that list. Please advise how I
can enter my address manually.

Hi Katherine,

You should be able to enter your address manually when you click the Enter address manually button.

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm getting this problem also, I cant seem to get past it. 

Hi Alistair,

Looks like you successfully submitted your application and it was already accepted. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Created a profile and I cannot input the street because the field has been greyed out.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths