🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458

Hi Canva,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information.

Let us know if you have any other questions and please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I am having trouble entering my address. It does not auto-populate when I start typing it in, and the Country is greyed out and states "UK" even though I am in the US. Can you please assist? Thank you!

SIncerely,

Lavanya

Hi Lavanya,

Your Country was updated to the US. Could you please try to add the rest of the information on your profile?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan!

I'm having the same problem. I updated my address, entered into the automatic select address as you fill it in field (where it says ''Start typing your address'') but I also see the same greyed out street address box and cannot change that line to update it?

Could someone from the Upwork team contact me to help solve this please?

Thank you!
Becky

bhmwong
Community Member

Don't worry! I tried once more and it has worked now today. 🙂

I'm having the same issue. Can't enter my street address as the feild is greyed out. Unable to submit my application.

Thanks,

Kayla

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keyla,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue

Hi Atlas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I'm currently signing up and having a similar issue. I can enter my full address, zip, city etc but the "Next" button remains blocked out. It also doesn't recognize "Brooklyn, NY" as a city, althought it comes up with "Brooklyn, OH" and many others. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ava,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I also can't enter mh home address.

Please advise!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lillian,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My home address needs to be added to the list.

**Edited for community guidelines**

There are only certain fields where you can enter information, so your suggestion is just a little bit ridiculous.

meredgar
Community Member

I updated my address (in a new country), then went to submit a proposal for a job. When I hit "submit", an error box popped up saying the proposal couldn't be submitted because I have to update my address first. I checked and my address was indeed already updated. How do I fix this so I can submit a proposal?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meredith,

I checked this for you and City field under your address information is still not filled. Please, log in to your account and fill all the fields under your location information.

Please let us know if the issue persists after this and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue!

Hi LaTonya,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field with text ''Start typing your address''. You should be able to update your address information. Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, I was able to update my address but now I can't submit my proposal. See
screenshot.

Hi LaTonya, 

It looks like you are yet to update your address which is why you are unable to send out a proposal. Please go to this page of your account (Settings > Contact Info > Address) and fill-in your complete address in the address section. Once filled-in correctly, you should be able to start bidding for projects on Upwork. 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

My address is already filled out. Still can't submit proposal.

Hi LaTonya,

You will need to choose between our Basic or Plus membership plan. Please go to Settings > Membership & Connects and select a plan in order to be able to start bidding on projects. If you would like to read more details about our membership plans check out this Help Article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan.

I am encountering the same issues, even after I have already selected my membership plan and have updated my address. 

Hi Paul,

I checked your account and it seems that you already added your address and that the only thing that's missing from your account is the city. Kindly go to Settings > Contact Info and add your city under the Account section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
laquisha-poydras
Community Member

Hello. I was trying to create my profile to as a freelancer and when I got all the way down to the bottom of the page to input my address, the street box was grayed out with a red caution like symbol that popped up every time I tried to click on it. I wouldn't let me click continue because it says I'm missing a field. This is weird and I looked online and saw in the community chats on your site that others were having this same issues. However it seems that the issue was never fixed. Please help. This is hindering people from creating profiles being apart of your company.

Hi Laquisha, 

I checked your account and can see that this issue has already been resolved. Let us know if you will be needing further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8fd42940
Community Member

Same issue. I can't pass the screen to enter address, because of the locked box.

Hi Nadim,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your address. If you`re still experiencing the same problem, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That worked. Thank you!

I have the same problem, I can't update my street address nor my email address.  I cleared the cache and cookies, still can't update. I used a different broser, still can't update.

Can you please assist?

Thank you!

Hi Ana-Maria,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
spillagej18
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to set up my profile. But my home address is not recognized by the system. What should I do?

Hi Jakob,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your address? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same thing is happening to me.

Hi Amanda, 

Is your address not available in the drop-down selection? Could you please send me a PM with more information, including your address information so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
auniadli
Community Member

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Please help me!

Hi Auni,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end after this, please share the error you`re receiving. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried clearing cache and using another browser, but I still cannot choose my own address. It seems that my address is not recognisable by the website or it isn't listed. What can I do?

Hi Auni,

I checked your account and can confirm that you`ve already added your address to your account. You can view the details about your address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths