🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: city name is not listed.
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458

The address I entered is not the correct one, I just chose any address that was available in the options. How can I correct my address? It is not listed in the options.

Hi Auni,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with adding the correct address on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vopash
Community Member

Even though I typed in my city it doesn't get recognized and for the city field I get that the city is not provided.

Please do assist.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pavao.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your application form. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vopash
Community Member

I managed to do it after reload ing the page a few times ans going back and forth. Just tell the developers to check the persistence of data from form to form here. It is more of a bug honestly.
f3cb2170
Community Member

Having the same issue here

Hi Odara,

I checked, and I can confirm that one of our team members have already reached out to you via a

support ticket regarding your concern. Please check your ticket number: 28714514. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kmateka
Community Member

The problem still persists for me. The autocomplete request goes through but returns nothing. I tried it with "Prague" as the capital city of the Czech Republic but found nothing.

image.png

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kristian,

Our team will reach you to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
706046bb
Community Member

I am having the same issue. The system will not accept my address and it is not available from the drop-down list. 

Thanks,

Tina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sapegaan
Community Member

Hello!

I fill out my profile, but I can't find my city in the list of Locations section (Bobruisk, Mogilev region, Belarus), so I can't complete my profile.

I will be very grateful if you help me!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anastasiya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alwaysbesure
Community Member

Hi! I’m trying to set up my profile but in step 9 of 10 I can’t fill in my city Willemstad. The country is Curacao and as far as I see it’s spelled correctly.

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kimberleycvc
Community Member

New to upwork, stuck on step 9; it is not recognizing my legitimate city and state.  can't move on to verify and get started. any suggestions? 

Hi Kimberley,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for reply.  I cleared cookies and also tried brand new browswer that had no saved information and it still doesn't recognize my address. It isn't even recognizing my city as a city within my state.  

Hi Kimberley, 

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
3cf30aa5
Community Member

Hello everybody, I am currently in the process of creating my account with upwork but i'm struggling with the adress info as the tool does not recognize my city so it cannot be filled for me to complete the registration process successfully.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mamoune,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c65f1c8c
Community Member

Hello. Setting up my profile but my address down not appear. Any suggestions. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rashida,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
poojajagetia
Community Member

Not able to complete my profile because my city name is not listed. Now what to do ?

Hi Pooja,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abuonviri
Community Member

Without giving away personal information, the address suggestion box does not permit me to enter my correct street address. Is there a way I can override this or request a customer service rep manually correct the address?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Augustus.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
duckett-nathan
Community Member

trying to apply for jobs and i keep getting the "To submit a proposal, update your address" error

i've updated the address everywhere in the settings, attempted on multiple browsers and cleared out the cache to restart the browsers, still getting the error, not sure what else to attempt?

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are missing a city field from your Location section. Please go to Settings > Contact Info and add your city. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b40a2278
Community Member

My address is not recognized during the profile setup. It does not appear in the dropdown system but definitely does exist.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ben,

It looks like you were able to update your address. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sv-moskal
Community Member

Impossible to enter city "Pilsen" in profile Location section. It is why? Many thanks, SV

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Svitlana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your application form. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e3ea5122
Community Member

The "street" field is greyed out so I can't enter my street info. But this is preventing me from moving to complete my profile. 

Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance

Hi Ian,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already added your street details. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
daledlf
Community Member

I am creating my account, and when I get to verify identity through my street address, it is invalid. Any address in my town is showing invalid. What can I do as I cannot move forward without my street address being confirmed?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dale,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6eec80a0
Community Member

I am also having the issue entering my street address and have tried everything I've read on this thread. Can I please get assistance?  Thank you

I am submitting my correct adress to set up my profile and it wants me to pick one from the dropdown choices which are not even in my state. Can't move forward in setting up my profile

Older questions posted about this say the page gives you the option to manually enter your address. That is not the case, there is no red text on the page offering manually entering the street address. See below the copied text from the page.

Country *
United States
Street Address *

City *
State/Province *
ZIP/Postal code *

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths