🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your address. Could you please make sure you're using a supported browser? Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. Please see this screenshot for your reference. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3ae68888
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to set up a new freelancer profile and the system says my address doesn't exist although my house has been here for more than 35 years and I have never had this issue ever on any other type of sites.  I can't save my profile without it.  Does anyone have any suggestions as I can't seem to get in touch with a human at upwork to help me.

Thanks.

Susan

Same problem. 

918f549c
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to this, and I'm confused as to why my home address is not coming up as a real address. It is indeed my real address!

How do I submit a ticket? It seems ridiculous that there is no email address to send questions to. I tried using the bot and it was no help at all.

Hi Emily,

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies or trying a different browser and then entering your address manually instead? Could you please share a screenshot of the error message that you're getting so we can investigate further?

~ AJ
Upwork
d375baa0
Community Member

Dear sir,

I am Mohamed Abdelrazek Ahmed Alfadaly

I am staying in 10 tenth Ramadan city One of the most important industrial cities in Egypt, and it is among the cities of Sharkia Governorate , I have been account in UPWORK Today But when you asked me to complete profile information and, when we try to choose my city from your city drop list, I did find absolutely my city 10 tenth of Ramadan in the city menu, I attached print screen photo, please add 10 tenth of Ramadan to the list of cities in Egypt

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. The system should give you the option to type in your address manually if we're unable to find your address on the suggestion list. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
963f1f3a
Community Member

It says fail to verify address when creating my profile. It won't let me finish creating my profile without my street address yet it says it doesn't exist? There is no phone or email help line. Can anyone help? I've spent a good 20 minutes on trying to figure this out.

Hi Alicia,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties setting up your profile. The system should give you the option to type in your address manually if we're unable to find your address on the suggestion list. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e3eccf37
Community Member

Hi, I have got to the last page of set up P10, but I can't complete as it doesn't recognise my address!

Any help available?

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Since you are new to Upwork you may want to check learning paths in our Academy section to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
096b27ce
Community Member

Hello!

I am new to Upwork and on the last portion of completing my profile, I was trying to enter my address; however, it will not automatically populate and when I type my address in manually, it says "No results found." 

How can I get my address inputed so that I can complete my profile? I contacted the support chat bot and it directed me to the Upwork Academy (which didn't have answers for this particular issue) and here, to the Upwork Community. Screenshot attached.

I'd appreciate any advice or help!

Thanks, 

Bre

37a15c92
Community Member

My legitimate, legal address is not being accepted and I can not finish my profile 

This address could not be found. Try to select another from the list.
My address which is in Alaska, is not on the list to choose. I do not live in Coolidge, AZ which is what comes up on the list.
Please help!
Thank you!

Hi Kris,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. If your address isn't on the suggestion list, please click the" Enter address manually." option to enter your completed address. Please see this screenshot for your reference. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9c45dc19
Community Member

The address is correct, but gives this message when I hit "Review your profile": This address could not be found. Try to select another from the list.

It's my address and it's accurate.  Any fixes?

Hi Anthony,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble adding your address. Please try entering your address manually by following these steps:

1. Please try to enter "AAA" on the address field and select the first search result: https://url.upwork.com/_01a9kiPr7ejznvn4XnB17vNRwzE6bGyH8S
  2. Once selected, you should see this button "Enter Address Manually": https://url.upwork.com/_01a9kiPr7ejzlfyly2yvrR_yejZXAsXCgb
  3. When you click that, please complete the street address, city, state, and zip code accordingly.

Let me know if this helps, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you still need assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8d5f9e1e
Community Member

Hi, I'm a contractor and have an APO AE address, but I cannot put in the city "APO". Could I have some assistance please?

Hi Lester,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The system should give you the option to type in your address manually if we're unable to find your address on the suggestion list. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes, but it goes away after typing in street address and is not available
for City.
MaB

Hello Aatikah R

Thank you for reaching out, and I understand that you are having trouble adding your address. 

Please try this https://url.upwork.com/_01cKzyC0X9UqC2KD5-ymVwglAH1DpviJjG look for the line that says "start typing your address". The 2nd line is the one greyed out. 

I hope this resolves your issue. 

~ Bianca
342edcf3
Community Member

I'm trying to complete signup, but I can't add my address. When I type in the street address field, it doesn't list my address as one of the options. It simply doesn't seem to recognise such a street exists in my city (for what it's worth I suspect it's missing a lot of them - my street name is a very common one, my house is a low number, and yet it only offers five options)

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize if you are having trouble completing your address. If your address isn't on the suggestion list, please click the" Enter address manually." option to enter your completed address. It would look like this: 

812dd08c_0-1693602398137.png

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2301b62e
Community Member

Hi,

My address is not found in the dropdown menu, which means that I am unable to complete my profile. There is no option to fill it in manually. I can't complete the profile till the address is filled in, which is really frustrating!

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. If your address isn't on the suggestion list, please click the" Enter address manually." option to enter your completed address. You would have to enter anything on the field for this option to show up. It would look like this: 

759e32fa_0-1694510200546.png

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
a0652361
Community Member

It keeps saying address could not be found. I've tried typing it in a few different ways. The address is 100% correct. What do I do?

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties entering your address when setting up your profile. Could you please try adding the manually? You can add the address manually by clicking the "Enter address manually" button right below the error message. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Let us know if you still need assistance, and we'll look further into that. Looking forward to your confirmation. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1851e5b0
Community Member

I have hit a roadblock. It wont recognize my address while setting up my profile. 

Hi Elisabeth,

I'm sorry you're having trouble entering your address. Do you by any chance get the option to "Enter your address manually" when you fill out the "Street address" field? If so, try clicking that option and entering your address once again. Let us know if the issue persists after you've tried it, and we'll be happy to help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1851e5b0
Community Member

It still won't recognize my address

Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I've shared your report our our support team for further review. Kindly expect an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d0557c94
Community Member

Hi Hope,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties adding your address to your profile. If your address isn't on the suggestion list, please click the" Enter address manually." option to enter your completed address. Please see this screenshot for your reference. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
73bd7fc3
Community Member

I just spent an hour creating a new profile, but it won't let me manually enter my address.  When I try, it just tells me my address was not found and I need to pick an address from the list.  The "list" consists of four address in Boardman Oregon.  
Maybe there's a web designer on upwork who you could hire to fix this.

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties setting up your profile. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or trying a different browser? Then, try entering your address manually again. Kindly let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of the error message that you're getting, and we'll investigate further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
g_m_nadeem
Community Member

The characters of my current address on my CNIC and bank statement are too long. The allowed characters limit on Upwork personal contact info is not enough for the complete address.

Kindly guide me to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Hi Muhammad,

I see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a support ticket about your concern. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties adding your address on file. Kindly allow our team 24-48 hours and you will get an update on your ticket here once your report is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
a9962e5f
Community Member

Hi there!

I’m currently trying to make an Upwork profile, but my address isn’t recognised by the system: I’ve tried entering the address manually, but it won’t let me finish creating my profile (it just says ‘this address cannot be found; try to select another from the list’).

I've had a look through the forum and noticed that some other folk have had this issue, but the tips (eg refreshing, entering your address more slowly) don't seem to be working for me. 

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks! 🙂 

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties adding your address to your profile. If your address isn't on the suggestion list, please click the" Enter address manually." option to enter your completed address. Please see this screenshot for your reference. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thank you for the reply and the screenshot!  This is what I can see from my end - the green 'enter address manually' option hasn't appeared, DFACA963-E4A0-4D61-8997-2E5CBC83A63D_1_201_a.jpegThanks again!

Hi Mary,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths