🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458
70cef968
Community Member

I have been attempting to enter my address in my profile but cannot.  The system instructs me to select an address from the drop-down list but my address is not one of the available options.  It does not allow me to enter my address manually.

Hi Eugene,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having trouble adding your address to your profile. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ad38cc01
Community Member

My city box isn't working and hence I can't complete my profile 

Hi RoseLips,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cfde2a50
Community Member

Hi Joven,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties adding your address to your profile. If your address isn't on the suggestion list, please click the" Enter address manually." option to enter your completed address. Please see this screenshot for your reference. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf0f3f03
Community Member

'm having a couple of issue when trying to add my address to my profile. 

First, my city doesn't show as one of the list options when I enter it in the city field. When I enter it completly, it gives me this error. "Type slowly to select a city from one of the options on the list."

Second, my address doesn't show as an option in the list when I type it in. I don't receive an error for this field until I submit the form. I then get the error "Fill in your street address".

I've searched the community and have seen others having this issue and they're told to click on the Add Address Manually link. No such link appears for me. I've tried on different browsers and i've tried clearing my cache and cookies

Proff.png

some error is showing in the panal keep the petent in the form ...https://www.upwork.com/ab/flservices/workwith/ashutoshk55

Hi Clarence,

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please share more information via PM so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a28dc51d
Community Member

Hello! I'm trying to set up my profile but I can't find my city. I found others that have the same name, I don't know what the problem is. I tried typing slowly to see if I can enter the address manually, but it doesn't work. I've already tried with different browsers and I can't find a solution.

Hi Camila,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello! I'm trying to set up my profile but I can't find my city, I already tried everything but nothing happens.

Hi Camila,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that we've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply directly to the ticket so the team can assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a28dc51d
Community Member

Hello, I don't see the option to reply there, and the problem appears as "Solved" but it is not solved yet.

Hi Camila,

We've escalated a new support ticket on your behalf. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
80ab8050
Community Member

Hi there, I am trying to enter my city details for South Africa. Unfortunately, nothing comes up even though I type slowly or try prompting the manual option by entering a non existent address.

Please can you help. I am new to this group.

Regards, Hemali

Hi Hemali,

I checked your account and saw that you could enter your address. Can you confirm if you still need assistance?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
83dddbff
Community Member

I recently created an account with a different address. When I try to edit it to my correct address, the City field doesn't recognize my correct City nor does it show anything about "enter manually" like I keep getting told to try. I have tried to clear the cache and type slowly like support keeps saying to do, but it doesn't work. How do I get this changed so it's my correct address?!

Hi Stephanie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths