🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

460 REPLIES 460

I live in a remote area of south east Arizona and the address I have is not in the drop down on the form to sign up.  I put a old address in temporarily.

Hi Diana,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Diana,

I see that you've successfully added your address to your account. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team by updating your ticket here if you have questions or clarifications.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dano-kikic
Community Member

You are missing a couple of big cities in Slovakia in the list during registration, while random small surrounding villages do appear on list. What should I do about it, this seems like the only way to contact the upwork team?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with completing your address information. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dianne87
Community Member

Hello Everyone, I am trying to submit my proposal but I can't proceed saying I need to complete my address but its already there. Thanks in advance for your help,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dianne, 

I checked your account and it looks like you are yet to add your city in the "City" field in your address. Please add this information, and try sending proposals again. If the issue persists, please come back here so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dianne87
Community Member

Thanks, it's working now
sarahhoar
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue where my address is displaying incorrectly in my account info. There is a grey bar which I cannot edit and I have tried using a different browser. Please can a member of staff contact me to correct this? Many thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
giuliaphoto
Community Member

I have the same issue. I have used a different browser and I am still unable to change my street address. It did change the city.

Hi Giulia,

Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly provide your street address so we can check. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ff873b06
Community Member

I'm from Curacao and I can't fill in my city "Willemstad" while setting up my profile

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rogen.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cochranmark
Community Member

Trying to complete the profile and the system refuses my address and tells me the information is required.

The information is in the correct field, just red and refused.

Hi Mark,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your address information.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mrjoe83
Community Member

Hello, I live in a New Construction home and the web form is not accepting my address. How may I go about updating my address? Thanks! - Joe

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your address information.

~ Bojan
Upwork
amandagi
Community Member

Hi all

I'm new but keen to get started - however I seem to have hit a problem. When I type in my address to the location section, it doesn't recognise it - probably because our house has a name rather than a number and is very rural. I did add it manually but when it came to applying for work, I get a notification saying that my address needs to be added first. Help??

Hi Amanda,

I checked your account and it seems that you already added your address and that the only thing that's missing from your account is the city. Kindly go to Settings > Contact Info and add your city under the Account section. If you have any issues doing so, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ca09d2ad
Community Member

I am registering new to Upwork,  I am getting this message Unable to recognize your street number. while filling my details? I need help how to solve this, please?

Hi Enshirah,

Could you please try adding the street number without any special characters like the '#' sign? If you continue experiencing the same issue, please send us a screenshot of the error from your end so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks it worked 🙂
dorrancegraham
Community Member

My city wasn't listed when I was attempting to sign up so I've had to put the closest one I can find.  Could someone please help me fix this issue?

Hi Graham,

I am sorry for the late response. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? If you are still unable to add you City pleas let us know and we will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
styers
Community Member

I can update my address by typing in the city manually but when i try to create a proposal i get an error saying my address needs to be updated. My city does not appear as an option and i get a warning that my address is not verifiable.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stephen,

Please start typing your address in the field above the address box where it says "Start typing your address". There you will see suggestions in a drop down menu and once you`ve selected one it should auto populate the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there, I'm a new member 

I'm having the same problem with my location. My city doesn't appear and i tells me that I have to fix the error so I can proceed. 

Hi Maria,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f2a23571
Community Member

I would like to know why every time i click submit proposal it always says that 'We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address." 

Hi Daniel,

I checked your account and it seems that you already added your address and that the only thing that's missing from your account is the city. Kindly go to Settings > Contact Info and add your city under the Account section. If you have any issues doing so, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
raulgaya
Community Member

the program does not accept my city(San Juan and jurisdiction : Puerto Rico).

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raul,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rjmkarlsson
Community Member

Hi, I'm not able to select a town will registering. Living in Sint Maarten (Dutch Side) but no town is coming. Philipsburg should be the main town.

Hi Rudolf,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
suzanne831
Community Member

Good Afternoon,

My address is not being recognized by Upwork's System.  Could you please help me with this issue?  I live in SC and the development is new which could definitely be the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly,

Suzanne **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Suzanne,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your address. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
barbaracuracao
Community Member

I cannot create my account. The drop down menu for 'city' does not work. I cannot enter any city. The country is Curacao.

Hi Barbara,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
barryclifton
Community Member

I am trying to set up my Upwork profile, but my home street address is not recognized so I cannot complete the process.

Even though I have filled it in, because the auto-address finder does not bring it up as a suggestion, it insists I have not copleted that field.

Help!  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths