🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458

Hi Barry,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I am having the same problem.  My street address is not being recognized in the profile set up.  I live in a state (WY) where all mail is delivered to PO boxes so USPS does not update all the physical addresses in their system.  Is there a good I can get my address added to finish my profile?

Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your address. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
arirodri
Community Member

Hello everybody! My name is Ariadna Rodriguez, I'm new to Upwork and am trying to set up my account. Almost done now and I'm at the location section. I'm located in Curacao and the problem is that Willemstad which is the city, will not appear on the list, in fact, the list does not show at all. Now I cannot proceed no matter how many times I tried typing it slowly as it asks. Can someone please help me?

Hi Ariadna,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
44b88451
Community Member

This has clearly been a problem for years. There's 18 pages of comments of people complaining about the same thing and you have not fixed it in over 3 years. What gives? It still does not work correctly as the field validation is very poor and complains when users do what should be intuitive. Please fix the whole address form. It can't find many addresses and doesn't like the format of them. I feel embarrassed for you as a developer having coded this type of thing for numerous companies over the years. It only takes 1 developer 30 minutes to fix an issue like that. Why haven't you done it?

Hi Nathaniel,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and I can see that you have already added your address. If further help is needed, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mdcampana1
Community Member

I can't register my city!

Hi Milena,

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to add your address. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
patilnehar
Community Member

same issue

Hi Neha,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you're seeing on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tarunbaniwal
Community Member

can you help with if your problem is solved. coz I'm facing a similar problem.

Hi Tarun,

I would recommend to try and clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to add your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mezzybezzy
Community Member

I am having the same issue with setting up my profile. It does not recognize the address I am trying to type in and I cannot progress.

Hi Leslie,

Could you please confirm if you've tried to enter your address manually?

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for responding. What page is that located on? When I try to do that in my profile setup, I don't have that option. I have removed my info from the screenshot but it only tells me that the field is required.

Leslie, you should see the option after you've entered your address and the system is unable to find it in the dropdown.

~Andrea
Upwork
janeannekh
Community Member

Hey there,

I've tried entering my address multiple times through multiple browsers and I can't get it to locate my address in the drop down menu while setting up my profile. Did I do something wrong? Thank you.

Solution :

1. Sometimes it is spelling difference for example : Swabi or Sawabi. So you can write a single word and search a bit manually in the drop down.

2. Otherwise, the street you mention is so so small that it is unable to be counted in dropdown. So take a name of your bigger city.

What do you mean take the name of my larger city? I live in a very small remote town. There aren't really any cities close to us. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janeanne,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
04b3b57d
Community Member

Hi,
How can I request support to change my profile city?

Hi Ammad,

You should be able to edit your location by going to Settings > Contact Info. You can find more info on how to Edit Account Information here. If you're experiencing any issues when trying to do this please let us know more details so we could help.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
3a2923b7
Community Member

My address isn't being accepted either? Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Hi Ashley,

I checked and can see that you were actually able to enter your complete address. Since you've just signed up, you may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything you're experiencing trouble with and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ed87d806
Community Member

Looks like the street address entering process is a manual process which requires and agent of Upwork to perform - I am in the same boat as everyone else in this thread. Sigh.

Hi Scott,

You should be able to edit your location by going to Settings > Contact Info. You can find more info on how to Edit Account Information here. If you're experiencing any issues when trying to do this please let us know more details so we could help.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ba39136a
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile and my address is not accepted. All the auto fills are from other cities and states, and it won’t allow me to type it in manually. Could someone please assist with this?

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with adding your address. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Good day. I am having a problem in putting my address, city to be specific, it says that no results found. My city is Tagum City, Zipcode is 8100. Thank you

Hi Kurt, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
0aa3e348
Community Member

My street address is not being recognized. I have an actual house here, and my mail gets delivered here. Please advise. I cannot set up a profile until this issue is fixed. 

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0080c174
Community Member

I am facing the same issue, street adress option is not working and it is very frustrating. need help asap

I have the same problem kindly help

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
e439adfd
Community Member

I was informed there is a glitch that Upwork is aware of regarding the input of addresses for the profile and it's affecting others as well.  I've been informed there is a team trying to address the issue.

I searched the community support, a lot of people seem to have this problem, they are all directed to direct message for support. It won't let me. It makes me post here... Please help!

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify If your address is not showing up on the suggestion list? If so, could you please click the ”Enter address manually.” option to enter your completed address? 

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths