🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458
e439adfd
Community Member

My address is not recognized so I can't complete my profile. 

Hi Cheri,

Thank you for your message. Could please try entering the address manually? Type a few words from your address and click 'Enter address manually'. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

It will not accept that. Here is a screenshot

Hi Cheri,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

The site will not verify my adress. I live in the United States could this be a reason?

What do you need done? I am attempting to be a freelancer,but the site will not recognize my street address.

Could you explain to me why my address will not verify?

Hi Linda,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating your address. Can you please let me know if you can see the "Enter manually" option where you can enter your street address?

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,

I'm a new freelancer on this platform and I'm having a problem creating my profile. I filled all the areas required but when I try to enter "Street Address", it doesn't show up. It's like the area is blocked for me to write an input. Can you help me to solve this problem?

Hi Beyza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

"unable to find your address" - it won't let me enter my correct address!

Upwork will not let me enter my correct address!  I confirmed that I am typing it in the right format and it still says "unable to find your address".  There's no way for me to type it in myself!  How can I fix it?

Thanks

Hi Deirdre,

If the address isn't showing up automatically when you start typing it, there will be an option to enter it manually. It would look like this:

kochubei_valeria_0-1654727175178.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

I've seen that this has been an issue with others but I have not seen a solution. Yes, I tried to type in my address and have checked the drop down menu and my address is not one of the options. I've lived at this address for 37 years. I think it exists.😀

Hi Karin,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Do you have the option to enter the address manually when you type it? It would look like this: 

luiggi_rosado_0-1661269834695.png

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4a4ea8e8
Community Member

Hi - 

I am attempting to finish up my profile and I am not able to enter my address. The "enter manually" option does not pop up for me, so I am stuck.

Please help! 

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your message. Please try typing a few characters of your address in the Street address box and if you do not see your address in the list, please select any random street address. You will receive an error, 'Unable to recognize your street number' and get an option to 'Enter address manually'. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

4a4ea8e8_0-1665403754315.png

I was able to enter the address manually, but unable to find my city. 

Hi Jess,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Cant finish my account set up because it says my address dose not exist. Cash has been deleted and tryed on mutiple web browsers.

Upwork is not familiar with my Street Address and I cannot complete my profile.  How do I get my profile complete given this inability of Upwork to not recognize my address?

68174ee6
Community Member

Hi, I'm from Kosovo

I can't enter full address information because Kosovo is not in the list

Hi Esra,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
0273db5b
Community Member

Hi I am in Turkey and I have an issue with street address.

any help? 

ysf

Hi there,

Can you please share more details about the issue you're experiencing whenever you try entering your address? If by any chance your address isn't populating, could you please click the ”Enter address manually” option to enter your completed address? Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
smccord76
Community Member

Trying to set up my profile, my street address doesn't appear to be present in the database used to populate the auto-complete value, which is preventing me from completing the profile setup process.

Please advise.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your address. Could you please make sure you're using a supported browser? Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

I entered my address manually.  Then when selecting "Check Your Profile", I received the following message:

"This address could not be found. Try to select another from the list."

I am not able to proceed past this step.  

Thanks,

Steve

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen, 

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this ticket to assist you further with your concern. Don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a5215048
Community Member

Hello 

I'm trying to set up my account but I'm having the same difficulty trying to set up the address, is there any reason why this hasn't been fixed?, I see complaints since 2019,  I've tried clearing my cache, using another browser but still have the same issue as everyone else.

upWork.png

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

Even I am facing with the same problem. Pls, help me out with the issue.

Regards,

Aayush Nigam

Hi Aayush,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cf3cd8ff
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I cant fill in my street name thus ı cant complete my profile! 

Hi Zeynab,

I have checked and can confirm that your address has been added to your account. Your profile has been completed as well. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c54e62df
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dear'

I have entered all te details accurately but it is not moving forward from this last stage.

Looking for your kind response.

Thanks.

Hi, I have just stuck to the last page of account creation, verified the email, logged in, and the last page is not getting although I am adding the correct street address answer but it is not completing account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Syed Haider,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties completing your profile. I'll have one of the support team members assist you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update with your ticket on this page once ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
48012d95
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same problem. Can you check mine, too?

Hi Idil,

Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ AJ
Upwork

No, it does not give me any option 😞
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths