🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

460 REPLIES 460

Hi Idil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
48012d95
Community Member

I am still having the same problem, it has been 4 days.

Hi Idil,

Thank you for your message. I see that our support team has already reached you via a ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9917537b
Community Member

I am facing same issue. I can't enter any word in street address row.

Hi Hammad,

Apologies for the delayed response. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1124e077
Community Member

I have the same issue. 

Can you help me with that?

Снимок.PNG

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue persists? Additionally, could you please clarify if you have the option to enter the address manually?

~ Nikola
Upwork
1124e077
Community Member

unfortunately, I can't add address manualy, but now I will try to register with another browser

d9e9faa9
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R,

I cannot type my street therefore I cannot register and publish my profile. How can add my street? 

Hi Filiz,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please send a screenshot of the error you're seeing so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same issue.  I attempt to change my location address, which is in the same block, but just a few doors down.  I click on "Update" but it will not update. 

Hi Billy,

Would you mind to try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. If the issue persists, can you please share a screenshot of the error you see?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7d022f1d
Community Member

I have that same problem. The option to manually enter the address does not appear

Hi Samed,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
7d022f1d
Community Member

Unfortunately it didn't work

Hi Samed Erkam,

Firstly, I would like to welcome you to Upwork! I have checked and I can't seem to replicate the issue. Can you please provide me with the error message you're receiving? If you can send a screenshot of what you can see from your end that would be extremely helpful. I'll have that checked by the appropriate team for further review. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6ea2ce87
Community Member

When I try to submit my street address it's saying fill in streets address... what can I do 

Hi Huncho,

I have checked your account and tried it myself but was not able to replicate the issue with writing your address. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser? Let me know if the issue persists and I'll look further into that for you. If you can provide a screenshot of the error that would be extremely helpful.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df461dfb
Community Member

Hello - I am having the same issue others appear to have. Cant save profile as street address line won't auto fill and won't let me type in it. 

i cleared my cookie and cache but won't work

i worked with another browser but ?????

Hi Ehsan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
c8087b24
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.I cant fill in my street name thus ı cant complete my profile

Hi Addison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
roshaant1
Community Member

Hi, we are a Pakistan based agency but we have shifted to NewCastle, DE, USA and would want to add/change our agency location but when we try to add/change it gives an error "failed to create agency location, please try again later. Or contact upwork support"

I did have tried it for several days and also have read another post on this forum about the same issue another agency is facing. Can we add/change agency location? If yes, how? Should I go to agency profile or change from settings?

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties updating your agency address. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members will be updating you on the same support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dc465fe2
Community Member

dc465fe2_0-1660126508551.png

could not find the "Enter address manually" option to enter Street Address.

any help??

Hi Add,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you but I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
2e16616a
Community Member

Hello UPWORK,

I have just encountered this same issue. The system does not accept my addres. Could you assist me please? 

Hi Wilken,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

If so, please send a screenshot of the error you're seeing so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
54dd4b03
Community Member

I can't type my street name therefore I can't set up my profile!!

The page does not allow me to do price on the address box

What should I do??

Hi Osama,

I have checked and I can't seem to replicate the issue. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let me know if the issue persists along with a screenshot of the error from your end, I'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
93346bd2
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I've got a similar issue. When I try to fill the blanks I'm encountering this error(image). I can't type in the yellow area.

Hi MustafaCan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Also, please make sure to use any of the supported browsers on this list. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
d47391d3
Community Member

Hİ, today I wanted to sign up  upwork. Firstly,  I filled all forms. However, when I tried write my adress. The line of the "street adres" was lock. I tried several methods and they also failed. Therefore, my membership is not approved. I will be glad if you help

Hi Zeynep,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add your address! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
dc079900
Community Member

I cant register my street number on adress section. That s why, i cant complete my profile.

Hi Irem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ AJ
Upwork
b3c89843
Community Member

Hi! I was trying to make an account on Upwork. I have filled in every module but I can't seem to fill out my street address section. Please help out! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths