🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot find a payment
Page options
hmallett
Community Member

Cannot find a payment

Hi there!

I am talking to a client on messenger and they have just told me they have paid me through Upwork, but I cannot find any information about it in my profile. How do I check to see if I have been paid and can go ahead with everything? SHould it automatically show up on my account?

I've never done anything on this site before and it's an acting job so outside the usual way freelancers work with Upwork.

I'm trying to talk to a human helpdesk but that seems impossible so would greatly appreciate some help from a moderator or pointed towards someone who can clarify the money has been sent over.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Holly,

You can view your earnings by going to Reports > Overview or Reports > Transaction History.
I also checked your account and would like to confirm that you don't have any pending payments on your account. 

I would also like to confirm that you haven't been hired on a official contract as well. Please keep in mind that in order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract first. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thankyou Goran. 

It looks like we've figured out how to get the ball rolling and I believe I am now hired on an official contract through Upwork. Can I confirm that this now means I will have the payment protections and everything is now logged in the system?

Sorry - newbie! 

Holly

Hi Holly,

I'm happy to hear that! I checked this for you and it seems that you were hired on a Fixed-Price contract and that the funds for the milestone are already in escrow

Fixed-Price contracts are covered by Upwork Fixed-Price Protection. Your client places funds into escrow when they set up a milestone. When you submit a milestone deliverable, your client is able to review your work and direct us to release the payment. Your client can choose to release the full amount, more, or less than the escrow deposit, or ask you for changes to the work product.

To ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the Fixed-Price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button. By doing so, your client will have 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information on that.

Additionally, you can check this Community thread for resources on how you can get started on Upwork, and this Community board for articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, set your rates, and more. You can also check the Upwork help pages that cover every aspect of the Upwork platform.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths