Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get any project

magdoulin
Magdoulin S Member Since: Nov 18, 2016
1 of 6

Hello everyone,

I've joined Upwork recently, and I'm trying to start with the simple tasks such as data entry, my profile has sufficient information about me and I'm trying to write simplified proposal to not bore the clients, yet, I'm not getting any reply back whatsoever, any advice please? I'm really disapponted.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 6

It was very hard for me to read, concentrate and understand what you typed in your overview. Try to make your sentences both shorter, more concise and to the point. Also watch your grammar and punctuation.  Also include your duties as a Customer Service representative.

niag
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Don't be disappointed. It can take time and practice to land jobs here (especially your first one).

Just a few tips. For one thing, I would suggest removing the below average test score from your profile. You can retake it and also take come other tests that go along with the skills you've added to your profile. 

Also, in both your overview and proposals, you should focus more on the client and the end results that you can achieve for them. You might want to sound a bit more confident as well and avoid saying things like "doable" and "I could work..." You want to come across as an experienced pro. Remember: You are new to Upwork, but not new to customer service.

Hope this helps a little. Keep at it and it will pay off!

View solution in original post

magdoulin
Magdoulin S Member Since: Nov 18, 2016
4 of 6

Thank you Nia for the motivating words

I hope that your positive wish will come true soon for me

I've hiden this Excel score then, keeping the other two tests scores as they were good ones 🙂

I didn't know that words like "doable" & "I could" sound hesitating, of course I'm not English native so I don't have that lingual sense, not yet anyways 🙂 but I've modified these words by now

If I could ask you a favor to check my profile once more for me kindly after the modifications I have applied

Please let me know if there's any other lingual, grammatical or even professional mistake still there

niag
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
5 of 6

You're welcome! 

I see where you modified those terms. 

I would take the advice that our fellow freelancer gave to simplify a bit (especially the first paragraph). Don't be afraid to break it down into smaller sentences and/or paragraphs. This will make it a bit easier to read. 

As far as English grammar, I would suggest that you try out Grammarly and Hemmingway App. Both of these tools together will  make your overview sound a bit more fluent and natural. 

And again, the main focus of your profile should be potential clients. In search results, all that can be seen is the first line. That determines whether a client will view your profile or not. It's good to at least make that portion client-focused or eye-catching. However, it's ideal if the entire overview has that focus. 

Hope this helps!

banguppro
Claire L Member Since: Nov 18, 2016
6 of 6

I just joined UpWork 2 weeks ago and got my first project the next day. I would suggest that you first put that you are new to UpWork and are trying to build your success. Then go straight into their project. A generic reply is going to get passed by because everyone is saying the same thing. Tell them what you can do for their project. They will view your profile if they want/need to. Otherwise, they are interested that you read their posting.  I hope that helps!  I am have just received 2 more jobs doing this today.  All the best to you!