🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Adding a linked social account doesn't ad...
Page options
kodatsky_vitali
Community Member

Cannot link my Facebook account

Hello,

I created my Upwork account yesterday and am trying to link it with my Facebook account, but no luck.

When I started to do it, I had got a window with an error. After a few attempts, I got no window, but nothing happened and my Facebook account is not linked to Upwork account. Today is the same situation as yesterday.

Could you please assist?

Thanks

237 REPLIES 237
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vitalii,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with linking your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm also having this issue: a window will open, ask me sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked.

Hi Russell,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist you linking your Facebook account with your Upwork account.

Let us know if you have any other questions and please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I created my account 2 days ago, and I find the have the same problem with linking external account to my upwork account. I have done every step and asked so far, my account is on 90% at the moment and the only remaining task is to connect it with facebook/google account. Tryed both and they are not working. A window pops up from facebook/google, I enter my info and after short loading icon, they just close. From then, everytime i click on the facebook icon, a new pop up window shows for a second and closes right away without linking my account. What can we do about this so I can get my account to 100%? 

Thank you.

Martina **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Hi Martina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your tests, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My facebook acccount is not connecting what is issue kindly tell  me and help me

Hi Hamza,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran , I am facing the same issue ? Can please you help me .

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atif, 

We had to temporarily remove the option to link users Facebook accounts to their Upwork accounts because we need to work out interface issues with this platform. We are currently working to re-add this option as soon as possible, but it may take several weeks. Once we are able to re-add Facebook, you’ll see it once again listed as an option under your Profile Settings. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for the Reply . And What about Google . I have trye several Times to Connect Upwork Account With Google . One WIndow Opens Up & When i click on one of my google account . The Window closes & still my account is not connected with google email.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atif, 

This will be the same for Google since Google+ will be discontinued soon globally. The option of linking your Google+ account to your Upwork account will be removed soon. In the meantime, I would recommend that you try linking your other social media accounts to your Upwork profile. I'm sorry if this will cause you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork

Facing Problem while linking my Google Account to My Profile Account ? Can anyone Help Please 

Hi Goran!

I have exactly the same issue as Marina - I cannot link my Facebook account. Facebook  window poped up, I entered my info, after short loading icon, window just disappeared. From then, everytime i click on the Facebook icon, a new pop up window flickers without linking my account. Can you please help?

Thank you!

Yaroslav

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaroslav,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
tanialiya
Community Member

hi, can someone help me, i cannot link my upwork account neither google account nor facebook 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tania, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
suzethwrk
Community Member

Hi I am also experiencing the same. I cant link my Facebook account

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suzeth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also having the same problem , neithe google nor facebook is connecting

Hi Fazal,

One of our team members will also reach out to you and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem too. Nothing happens when I click the Facebook tab. 

Hello!

I have the same problem. I tried to link my Facebook account to Upwork. A window popped up, then disappeared. After that, I can't even try to link Facebook again, because it disappeared. What to do? Can someone help me, please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi GERGELY-GYORGY,

We removed the option to link a Facebook account to your Upwork account. We are currently working to re-add this option. 

We appreciate your understanding.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gergely84
Community Member

All right. Thank you.

When I try to link facebook or google to Upwork after confirming linking it shows me error 500 (trace ID: 4a2c1800ff2b76a2-ARN). Facebook sees Upwork linked, but on Upwork my profile is still 90% filled. Same happens in other browsers and cleaning cash does not help. Please help!

Hi Veronika,

Can you please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser? If it's still not showing correctly, please let us know, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

No, it did not help. I tried Firefox, Safari, Chromium and Chrome, all on
Mac. In fact, I even tried ro do it on a tablet - same problem.
How can I link account in other way?
Thanks

Hi Veronika,

I've shared your concern with our support team and one of our team members will reach out to assist you further.

Please note that connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork
chrmunoz
Community Member

Hello, I'm also getting the same problem.

Hi Christine,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. " I can't add my social account on upwork"  Can I get any help ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanvir, 

This is a known issue and the Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
tanvir495
Community Member

Yet, i haven't received any email from support. Please, can you create a support ticket for me ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanvir,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kmarb
Community Member

Hi, 
I am getting same issue, added 2 social account and nothing happen. 

Thanks,
Kit

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kit and Mubeen,

One of our team members will reach out to both and assist you with your request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cannot link my facebook account with Upwork 

Hi Sneha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Once I click on social media icons, it asks me to login and when I do it, nothing happens.

I don't know what's going on. I am not able to complete my profile. Please help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths