🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unable to link social media and fulfill 1...
Page options
kodatsky_vitali
Community Member

Cannot link my Facebook account

Hello,

I created my Upwork account yesterday and am trying to link it with my Facebook account, but no luck.

When I started to do it, I had got a window with an error. After a few attempts, I got no window, but nothing happened and my Facebook account is not linked to Upwork account. Today is the same situation as yesterday.

Could you please assist?

Thanks

237 REPLIES 237

Hi Manoj,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly to assist you further. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi, I am also having the same issue. Upon clicking "Facebook", the pop-up window shows then closes on its own. Kindly assist. Many thanks!

Hi Mary Erika,

A member of the customer support team will reach and assist you further via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have tried to link my Facebook page, and I'm only able to go through the process via Safari, but my profile never updates and reflects that I've linked a social media site. It always stays at 90% complete.

Hi Jerry,

Connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you further with linking your Facebook account with your Upwork account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have the same problem 😞

Please, could you help me to link facebook too!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kirill,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your concern, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem with trying to link Facebook.

Hi Christine,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket and assist you with linking your Facebook account with your Upwork account. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gybarnett
Community Member

I am having the same problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yoshie,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your concern, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi bojan

I'm having same problem. Unable to link facebook

Hi Cedrik, 

This is a known issue and the team is working to resolve this. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi upwork team

My name is Dinesh Kumar. I can not add social link. When i proceed then my profile does not extend 10%.

I tried for facebook and Google+. I tried many times.

Kindly do the needful. 

Thanks.

arta1
Community Member

I had the same problem, after 24 hours it fixes itself automaticly 

happysi
Community Member

Thank you very much for this suggestion

After 24 hours i seen again but did not extend 10%.

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello -

I have seen the question posed several times; however, I haven't come across an answer that has helped. I did already reach out to Upwork support and sent over a video of what's happening.

Similarly to other people, when I try to link a Facebook or Google+ account, I get to the point where I can login via a popup (and I've disabled the popup blocker for the site) but can't go any further. I even tried with a DeviantArt account (which isn't relevant to my work), but that did not work either. Cache/cookies have been cleared, and I'm using the most recent version of Chrome. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Noelle

I don't know how to help you link social media accounts to your UW profile because I've never tried. But I can tell you that it isn't necessary for the purpose of completing your profile to 100%. There are other things you can do. I have a 100% complete profile with no social media accounts linked.

I'm tried to add Linked accounts face book or google plus but it does not work. What i will do?

Hello,

I'm having trouble linking my Facebook page to my profile. Please help as my profile is only 90% complete. 

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Myles,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

Please note that connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I had attatched my google and behance account with my profile but my facebook account is not linking with upwork. When i tried to link it a pop up window open and then it closed and account still remained unlinked. 

The second problem is this that i had passed the Adobe photoshop test in  top 20% i want to show it on my profile , I had click the yes button to show it on my profile but when i see the public view mode of my profile i could not see the skill test given. 

plz resolve both issues.

Thanks & Regards

Naeem **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Naeem,

I checked your profile and your test is showing publicly, please try to clear your cache and cookies or try using a different browser to check if your test is showing. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with linking your Facebook account with your Upwork account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I try to connect my account with different browser , but still facing same problem and till now no one from upwork contact me to solve my this problem !

Hi Naeem,

There is already an open ticket for your concern and you will be notified once an update is available. 

Hello, I'm facing the same problem. I cannot link any account and I've already tried cleaning the cache. Could you help me please?

Hi Perla, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your issue.  

~ Avery
Upwork

So many people have this problem it is obviously a bug in Upwork. I see posts that go back for years. Why hasn't it been fixed by now?????

But this method not working. I"m trying to link my social media to up work but after clicking that link it doesn't seem to work.

Hi Tasawar,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your request. Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am new to this Upwork. Recently, I had tried to complete my Upwork profile with the help of my friend's device being unknown that my friend's google account was open on side. Now, I mistakenly linked my Upwork profile with his google account. I requested to remove the linked Google account but the message shows 'Failure in Revoking the Linked Account'.

Please help me.

Hi Sujan, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please know this is a known issue, and the Customer Support Team will reach out to you for more information about the issue, and to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Please help me link my facebook account. Error message  sent.

I am unable to link my account to my facebook and Google+. Whenever, I clink on the account to link it tries to open a new tab, which lastly dissapears. Please help.

Regards

Denis

Hi Ferry,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
domgohan
Community Member

Hey,

I cannot link my facebook account. It just opens a new tab, I enter my info, short loading icon and then the window just disappears. Would be glad if you can help me!

Thanks!

Dominic

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dominic,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths