🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Cannot link my Facebook account
Page options
kodatsky_vitali
Community Member

Cannot link my Facebook account

Hello,

I created my Upwork account yesterday and am trying to link it with my Facebook account, but no luck.

When I started to do it, I had got a window with an error. After a few attempts, I got no window, but nothing happened and my Facebook account is not linked to Upwork account. Today is the same situation as yesterday.

Could you please assist?

Thanks

237 REPLIES 237

Hello,

I am also trying to link my social media account (google) to make my profile complete to 100%.

However, whenever I tried to click on google then sign in, the window will just disappear. I tried to log out and did the same and still nothing happened and my profile is still not linked to social media.

Thank you in advance for your help

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Merian,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Good luck. Not only will Upwork ignore you for a couple of months, but when (if!) they ever get back to you they will not give you a solution. Don't hold your breath. Their support system is pathetic.

Hello,
can't link my facebook account to upwork profile?
clearing cache and using different browsers don't resolve problem...

I am having problem connecting my facebook accout in my profile.I have tried in two browsers Chrome and Firefox, every time i click on facebbok in edit profile one popup opens and closes but nothing happens.

Hi Vakil,

One of our customer support team members will reach out to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am trying to connect my Google account to to Upwork but nothing is being changed and my account is still 90%

I have the same issue as Russel. When I try to link my Facebook or Google account, a window opens but immediately closes afterwards. My profile is currently 95%, and I really want it to be approved, but this link account might become an issue. 

Hi Arielle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there,

I am having the same issue and have already cleared out the Cache and it still comes up with an error when I try to link an account to my profile.

Please let me know what I need to do, thank you!

-Cynthia

Hi,

I'm also facing this issue. Is there any way to solve the problem? Please let me know.

Thank you. 🙂

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iftikhar, 

Please know that this is a known issue, and our engineers are currently trying to resolve it. In the meantime, the Customer Support Team will reach out to you with more information about the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same issue with the window opening then promptly disappearing. Can someone please reach out to help me to get this resolved ASAP?

Hi Zakary,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you regarding this known issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm also having this issue: a window will open, ask me sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked.

Hi Andrew,

One of the team members will reach out to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I cannot link my facebook or google accounts. It opens the windows ask me to sign in then close. It has done this multiple times and yet each refresh, or log out still shows no linked accounts.

Hi Rex and Heather,

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you via email to assist directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am facing a similar problem. Please support.

Hi Noufal,

Our team will reach out to you as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i cannot link my google+ account. please help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sehaz, 

Google+ will be discontinued soon, but I will check with the team what their recommendation will be for this case.

~ Avery
Upwork

Have the same situation. The error with this link https://www.upwork.com/signup/oauth/facebook-link#_=_

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

My account in upwork too wont let me link my facebook account. 
please help. thank you

Hi Camille Kay,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey I am having the same issue!

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

I am unable to link my facebook account also.

Hi Azeem,

Kindly, refer to Avery's post above. Once we are able to re-add Facebook, you’ll see it once again listed as an option under your Profile Settings.

Thanks for your understanding.

~ Bojan
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As an update, our team is aware of the issue affecting the process of linking freelancers' Facebook accounts to their Upwork account. Fixing the core issue is on our team's roadmap but we don't have an ETA at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience and will follow up with more information once we receive a confirmation from our team. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Same issue, I can't link my FB account. Thank you for the update Vladimir G

Hello, I am new to upwork and i want to link my social accounts to upwork but i am having error when i click on it page run successfully but account dosen't connect.need help Thanks
rexsantiago
Community Member

I'm also having this issue. After clicking either Facebook/Google+,  a window will open.  It will then ask me to sign in but after signing in it will suddenly close the window. I tried connecting again many times using Facebook but Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked after that. Thank you for the update about the issue. I was worried that I may be the only one experiencing it.

krisrom
Community Member

Hello!

I have the same problem with linking my Facebook and Google accounts to Upwork. Help me, please.

Sincerely,

Christina **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kristina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
matthew_wills
Community Member

I am also having trouble linking my facebook account. The same problem. it opens a facebook login window, I login and then the window closes and upwork doesn't update. Please help!

evelina-kogut
Community Member

I have the same issue, not able to link my social Facebook or Google account to Upwork. 

sofiafilipe17
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue, I cannot link my facebook or google+ accounts. Did you manage to solve your issue? 

Sincerely, 

Nope, But I really would like to complete my account to 100%. Support, can you help us??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths