🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot link my Facebook account
Page options
kodatsky_vitali
Community Member

Cannot link my Facebook account

Hello,

I created my Upwork account yesterday and am trying to link it with my Facebook account, but no luck.

When I started to do it, I had got a window with an error. After a few attempts, I got no window, but nothing happened and my Facebook account is not linked to Upwork account. Today is the same situation as yesterday.

Could you please assist?

Thanks

237 REPLIES 237

Hi Matthew,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem: can't link my Facebook account. The window appears and immediately closes. Please, help me.

Hi Ellada and Fedya,

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm also having this issue: a window will open, ask me sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked.

Hi Irina,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I'm trying to link my FaceBook account to achieve 100% completion status, and everytime I try to connect it, a window pops up and closes itself out. I'm already signed in on FaceBook but for some reason cannot connect the account. Can someone help?

Honestly? Don't even worry about this. It offers you nothing of value. There are other, better, less buggy ways to complete your profile.

I'm at 90% now, how do I get to 100%? All it's offering me on the side is "link your profile +10%"

Hi Jade, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Team so that they can get back to you and assist you further. Please know that this is a known issue and our engineers are working to resolve it. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I can't seem to complete my profile and it remains stuck at 90%. I try to link my Facebook (I make sure I am logged into Facebook) and I hit the link button when the new window pops up. However, it won't link them and my profile remains stuck at 90%. Any advice on what to do?

Hi Joshua, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you with this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am unable to link my social account to my profile. I click to link Facebook and it opens a window saying that I have previously allowed UpWork access to my Facebook profile. Then the window closes and it is still not linked on my UpWork profile.

Hi Melissa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hryhorchuk_myros
Community Member

hi 

I'm also having this issue: a window will open, ask me sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked.

milmar_dom
Community Member

I have the same problem. When clicked, a tab just popped out then closes right after.

charlenemaugeri
Community Member

Hi!

I am having the same exact problem. I would love some assistance.

Thank you,

Charlene

Hi Charlene,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with your request.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aetrageser05
Community Member

Having the same issue! I would love if a ticket could be placed in for me as well. 

Thank you.

Hi Anna,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

Thank you.

Hi Dmitry,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with linking your Facebook account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi Milmar,

Thank you for letting us look into this. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly with linking your Facebook account to your Upwork profile. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

When i am trying to connect Facebook or Google Profile of mine with Upwork, it opens a new tab and then close it without doing anything else.

Hi Nauman,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I created my Upwork account on 8th April, 2019 and am trying to link it with my Facebook account, but no luck.

When I started to do it, I had got a window with an error. After a few attempts, I got no window, but nothing happened and my Facebook account is not linked to Upwork account. Today is the same situation as yesterday.

Could you please assist?

Hi Jahurul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
markviterbo
Community Member

Hello!

I couldn't also connect my Facebook nor my Google account on my profile. Please assist.

Thank you!

halinab
Community Member

Cannot link my facebook account to my profile - tried all solutions adviced in this thread to no avail..

please help - thank you

halinab
Community Member

or my google account for that matter too...

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mark and Helen,

Our team will reach out to you both and assist you further with linking accounts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Im having the same issue, cant connect my facebook account

Hi Gustavo,

Our team will reach out to you as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have the same problem with my Facebook account.

Hi Sergiu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need assistance with linking my Facebook Account to Upwork as well. Having the same problem as described above.

Hi Petar and Serhii,

Our team will reach out to you both as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petar-kolev
Community Member

Hello,

I am having a trouble adding a social media account to my Upwork profile. I tried adding facebook and google accounts through Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers, but it didn`t happen. But when I open Facebook settings and search for the websites and applications added to my profile I see that Upwork is successfully connected with my profile.

Are You able to help me with this ?

Thank You for the support.

eivindl
Community Member

I have the same problem. Trying to connect to facebook.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths