🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot link my Facebook account
Page options
kodatsky_vitali
Community Member

Cannot link my Facebook account

Hello,

I created my Upwork account yesterday and am trying to link it with my Facebook account, but no luck.

When I started to do it, I had got a window with an error. After a few attempts, I got no window, but nothing happened and my Facebook account is not linked to Upwork account. Today is the same situation as yesterday.

Could you please assist?

Thanks

237 REPLIES 237
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eivind, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you. 

Eivind L wrote:

I have the same problem. Trying to connect to facebook.

~ Avery
Upwork
melhaddaoui
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue

a window will open, ask me to sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked and my profile is still 90% completed.

Can someone please assist as soon as possible!

melhaddaoui
Community Member

I faced the same problem just now. So I created a DeviantART profile instantly and it links correctly even if it's still empty. It should work for you as well.

My profile is 100% completed now.

Hi Mohammed, 

Please know that this is a known issue and the team is working to resolve it. If you still need help with linking your other social media accounts to your Upwork account, please let us know and our team will be happy to help you.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same no luck problem - can't link facebook to my account. Please help me with that!

Hi Artem,

This is a known issue and our engineers are planning to fix it as soon as possible. Please, note that linking a social account isn't required for you to complete your profile and you can complete it 100% by completing some tests, adding portfolio items, other experience, etc. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, Good Day to you!
Thank you for your answer.

xromeu
Community Member

I can't get to 100% on my profile. I have tried combinations but none seems to work. When I tried to connect my facebook account, the page jump to the authorization page on facebook and then dissapear, goes back to upwork and that's it, no connection at all. I need to complete this to qualify for Rising Talent.

Hi Xavian, 

Thank you for letting us look into this. One of our team members will contact you directly via email with your request to link your Facebook account. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

Hello Riri,

I'm having the same issue, my Facebook won't link as a social account. Can you help? 

Thank you,

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey, Bojan! Same issue here - cannot connect my Facebook/Google + account. 

Would you please help me?

Hi Artem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
furiousengine
Community Member

I'm also having the same issue. Tried a lot to connect my profile with facebook but no result!

Hi Sadia,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Completed tasks according to their instructions but still same problem!

Hi Sadia,

I checked your account for you and can see that you have an open ticket being handled by the team - https://support.upwork.com/requests/. We would highly recommend that you refrain from filing new tickets so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We'll go ahead and follow up your ticket with the team, and feel free to reply on the same ticket thread so that they can assist you further

~ Riri

My Upwork profile is not connecting with social account a window will open, ask me sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically.  My facebook account is still not linked.

mehdi_bn93
Community Member

Hello
I am new on Upwork and I have the same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehdi and Rajab,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your requests.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cassandragoss
Community Member

I am having the same issue with my facebook and google accounts.

Hi Cassandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carlossha
Community Member

Hi,

I also cannot link my social media account.

Thanks,

Sha

Hi Sharmaine,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

A couple of weeks have passed since I posted about my issue with the Facebook account linkage problem. The problem was already clarified, but I still receive e-mails regarding any updates on this topic, and on similar topics as well. How to stop receiving e-mails on this matter? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Serhii,

Could you please try to ''Unsubscribe'' from this topic, or any other topic you don't want to receive email notifications for.1.png

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
tangeo
Community Member

Hi,

Same problem here. Cannot link my facebook and google account.

Best regards,

GT

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Georgi,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
erepota
Community Member

Hello. I can not add my facebook accaunt to profile. Please help me. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ihor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank for answer. I tried all the options in the letter but it did not help me.

Hi, Goran,

Me too, I cannot link an account.. May I also be contacted by someone who could instruct me how to do it?

Kind wishes, and thank you!

Hi Mayra,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
erepota
Community Member

Hello. How about my problem? I followed the recommendations from the letter but the account facebook was not attached. Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ihor,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and just to confirm that our engineering team is working on resolving this as soon as possible.

If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sarwar234
Community Member

Same problem . I created my Upwork account 2 days ago and I am trying to link it with my Facebook account.a window will open, ask me sign in, then close. After that, if I try to connect again, Upwork will open a window then close automatically. My facebook account is still not linked.

Hi Sarwar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a-dahlgren
Community Member

I am also having the same issue, both with facebook and google.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Alyssa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need someone to get ahold of me about this, too.  All it's doing is opening a window then automatically closing.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths