🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot request escrow refund since contract w...
Page options
5eac5599
Community Member

Cannot request escrow refund since contract was closed by freelancer.

I had a fixed contract with a freelancer. I mistakingly only paid for a portion of the fixed contract, and the freelancer did not notice. When payment was received by the freelancer, he closed the contract. Once we realized he was short, I sent him the remaining funds as a bonus. I assumed the bonus would be taken out of the escrow, but that did not happen. Now there remains a portion in my escrow, and I am unable to request an escrow refund since I do not have the option to close the contract myself. The freelancer is aware of this and is willing to do what he can to get my funds released back to me from escrow. How can I go about this? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Yigit,

I checked the contract you are referring to but there are no funds in Escrow. Were you able to resolve this issue with your freelancer? Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5eac5599
Community Member

Seems as though the funds are not in escrow, but remaining under the closed contract. SOrry for the confusion. How can the remaining $100 be released back to me?

Hi Yigit,

I checked and can see that an escrow refund for the remaining funds was processed automatically when the contract was ended by the freelancer. You should see that credited to your original payment method within five business days. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths