🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Cannot use my actual email address to sig...
Page options
53d9785f
Community Member

Cannot use my actual email address to sign up

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to use my main email address to create an account, but accross various internet browser I encountered different errors blocking the process. On Chrome, the message "validating email address" is just showing without resolution, and connecting through Google Account just does not work. On Firefox, it says the email address is already in use, but that it is "incorrect" when I try to log in with it.

Please know that I deleted an account a few years ago with that problematic email address.

Is there a way to put my main email address for this new account (that I created to post here)? Or to restore the old account? What is the best solution?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jeremy F wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to use my main email address to create an account, but accross various internet browser I encountered different errors blocking the process. On Chrome, the message "validating email address" is just showing without resolution, and connecting through Google Account just does not work. On Firefox, it says the email address is already in use, but that it is "incorrect" when I try to log in with it.

Please know that I deleted an account a few years ago with that problematic email address.

Is there a way to put my main email address for this new account (that I created to post here)? Or to restore the old account? What is the best solution?

Thank you

The only solution is to restore your old account, since you only can have one. Contact customer support to help you with that. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeremy,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths