Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant submit proposals

stevemacg
Steve M Member Since: Jan 8, 2017
1 of 9

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and i can't submit proposals - any advice or guidance would be gratefully accepted.

I have created a profile and it has been approved. If I come to the site without signing in, I can see jobs but, when I get to "Submit a proposal" I am left looking at a blank screen. If I sign in first, I can't see any jobs and the search function doesn't bring up any jobs, even when I'm searching for a job that I can see when signed out.

Am I doing something stupid or missing something here?

Thanks

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 9

I got an email awhile ago saying that there were problems with the platform and they were being worked on.  Be sure you clear your cache and cookies, too.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
3 of 9

Make sure that you have connects available to bid.  I can't remember if the proposal button greys out if you don't, but it might be something to check just in case it's an easy fix.

From the main page, click the drop down menu next to your picture-->Settings-->Membership and Connects

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Steve,

Looks like you have already selected your Membership plan and received the connects. You should be able to apply for jobs on Upwork now. Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
stevemacg
5 of 9

Still doesn't seem to be working. When I'm logged out, I can see jobs. When I'm logged in, I can't see any (a screenshot of what I see while logged in is attached). Regardless of what search terms I use, I still can't see any jobs while logged in. If I try to submit a proposal for a job which I can see when logged out, the screen goes blank after I log in.

Is there some setting I need to change or something that I'm not doing?

Thanks

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
6 of 9

Try adding search terms, then saving that search.  Your list should populate then.

stevemacg
7 of 9

It doesn't matter what search terms I enter, no jobs show up.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 9

Hi Steve,

I tried but wasn't able to replicate the issue you are having. The jobs should show up once you enter a keyword or select a category. Are you experiencing the same issue when using a different browser? Could you please try clearing cache and cookies and trying to run a search again?

~ Valeria
Upwork
stevemacg
9 of 9

OK, I tried using Firefox rather than Explorer and it now seems to work as it should.

Thanks for the help