🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Card Verification Refund
Page options
aolamileke
Community Member

Card Verification Refund

Good Day, I have had my card verified by Upwork with $10 deducted from my local bank account since the 30th of September, 2019 and it has not been refunded which was a promise when the card has been verified but up till now it has not been done. What is happening!

This was the message i got:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayodeji, 

The email you received is to confirm that you have added a billing method to your Upwork account. If you didn't add any billing method to your account, please let us know so that we can investigate it further. 

I am also checking the charges you have noted, but wasn't able to track it through your transactions. Do you have any Upwork reference ID I can use as reference? 

~ Avery
Upwork
aolamileke
Community Member

Good Day, I have had my card verified by Upwork with $10 deducted from my local bank account since the 30th of September, 2019 and it has not been refunded which was a promise when the card has been verified but up till now it has not been done. What is happening!

My Reference ID is aolamileke

Name: Ayodeji Olamileke.
Email Address: **edited for Community Guidelines**
Thanks. Regards
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayodeji, I had the team check your transaction history, and can confirm that the system didn't charge your account $10 for verification. If you have a transaction or reference ID we can use, or can confirm the last 4 digits of the card you are referring to, please let us know so that we can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

This was the message i got.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

The was the response i received when my card was added to my account. The
$10 was deducted from my local account and i expected a refund as the
policy is.
Thanks.

Good day. My card was added as billing method but have not been able to get a reund since last week my card was added.

Hi Ayodeji,

Could you please confirm the refunds you`re referring to, as I was not able to find any charges from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayodeji, 

As I have noted before, please know that this was not charged any verification fee. If it were charged a fee, you would have needed to verify the card, and the card will not be available for use unless you have verified it. Once verified, the verification charges will automatically be refunded back to your account. It should also show on your Transaction History if there were any credits or debits applied to this card. 

The email you received is just a confirmation that you have added the card to your Upwork account and does not mean that you were charged $10 for adding it to your account. If you have any Reference Number or Transaction ID from the bank, you can share it with us, and we'll go ahead and look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths