🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Categories issue
Page options
cristianobrijanu
Community Member

Categories issue

Hello everyone

I have a strange problem here, my account has ,,stuck,, and i can not add new service categories. I know the maximum i can add is 4,but now i have only one selected category, and i want to add 3 more. I hope the problem will be solved asap.

P.S. i have tried to add new service categories, they appear, but after a day they disappear again.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Cristian,

I would also recommend taking a screenshot from your Categories section. If they disappear tomorrow please follow up with me here or via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cristian,

Just to clarify, are you trying to list the categories by going to Settings > Profile Settings > Categories? I would also recommend clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your categories. If you experience the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I added the categories from profile settings using another browser, as you say. They appeared, but I'm not sure they won't disappear tomorrow, as has happened before, so i will consider this problem solved tomorrow, if they do not disappear. Thank you for fast response.

Hi Cristian,

I would also recommend taking a screenshot from your Categories section. If they disappear tomorrow please follow up with me here or via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I forgot a detail. Categories disappear after my profile is rejected by upwork (now i am trying to get my profile accepted by upwork).  I think that the person checking my profile sees only one category, for this reason i am rejected.

c377f0f3
Community Member

when i created my profile. i did set my category Presentation. But now i saw my category presentation disappear from profile. Now i tried to again edit my category to set presentation. But no option showing of presentation in any category. i did check each category in details. Please help. i am worry about it. Thanks

Hi Muhmmad,

On your home page, you will need to click on the pencil icon under the My Categories section on the left side of your job feed. Once you`ve clicked on the pencil icon a new window will be opened where you can choose from our available categories. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i did click on pencil button. But my question is that now presentation category is not available. See below screenshoot please.when i created profile presentation  exist in Design & Creative Category

Please suggest me which category is best for presentation design now these category are available?

Hi Muhmmad,

Feel free to chose the categories that are the best fit for your experience and skills. 
You can also edit your profile categories and skills by going to Settings > Profile Settings. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths