🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Caution: App development test jobs
Page options
ewoods88
Community Member

Caution: App development test jobs

There are a few jobs being posted that request help with developing an app of the clients. They then proceed to ask you to download a marketplace app and login using pre-given details and then request that you add a "virtual card" they give you to your google play account. They ask you to use the "virtual card" to try purchase the in app currency. If the card doesnt work, they will give you another, then another, if it is successful or they i would assume run out of cards, they simply disappear or stop replying. I believe they may be stolen visa cards they are using to try and lure people into helping them launder the money back to themselves. Use caution.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Erik,

Thank you for reporting this. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Erik,

Thank you for reporting this. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you ill do that. I have in fact been flagging posts all day. There is a new trend on Upwork where most of the jobs that appear on my feed are varied types of job offers but all link to a **edited for Community Guidelines** affiliate scam. Very frustrating

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths