🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Certificate of residence for tax purposes
Page options
6061ba92
Community Member

Certificate of residence for tax purposes

we are new clients from Georgia and we need your certificate of residency from tax authorities. This documents is required by our local tax authorities, when dealing with foreign service providers, which are non-residents of Georgia.

Could you please help us in this regard.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vato, 

I would like to clarify if you are asking for Upwork's certificate of residency? If so, I'll have a member of the Customer Support Team reach out to you.

~ Avery
Upwork
6061ba92
Community Member

We would like kindly to ask you to provide us with tax 
residency certificate, in order us to avoid double taxation in Georgia. 

Hi Vato,

Yes one of our customer support agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
pixelplex
Community Member

Hi, we would like to apply for the tax residence certificate for your 3 companies: UPWORK ESCROW INC, ELANCE ESCROW CORPORATION and UPWORK GLOBAL - for the purposes of the extemption of income tax arising for foreign organizations in the territory of the Republic of Belarus. It would be great to get such forms dated as April 1, 2016 or established the tax residency from April 1, 2016. 

Looking forward for your reply ASAP!

Best regards,

Alexey 

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for posting your request in the Community. I see our Customer Support team already communicated with you so please keep checking for new updates in line with the information our agent provided.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
93820c71
Community Member

I also need the Tax Residency Certificate to continue using Upwork. Customer support said they do not have such a document. This is uneacceptable, every company has such a document, it is very standard. Please send it otherwise myself and many other non-US enterpsises cannot use the platform.

Hi Robert,

I see that you already have an open ticket for this request and one of our customer support team members is already assisting you with this request. I'll follow up with the team that's handling your concern so that they can assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
93820c71
Community Member

I still have not received any answer. Very annoying.

Hi Robert,

We already followed up with the team that's handling your request. Sorry about the delay.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths