🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Certification test
Page options
6792b1b8
Community Member

Certification test

Hello, I found a job offer, which says "If you'd like to apply, please try out the certification test on the working platform. We will review, and if you pass we will invite you on board ASAP". So i have a question, what is a "certification test" and how can I complete it. This offer is a translation project, but i can't find any information about Upwork language skill test. And as far as I understood it, I need to complete this test before submiting a proposal. What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I don't think this has anything to do with Upwork's certification process (which you can't apply for; you have to be invited), it sounds like the client wants you to pass a test that they've devised. I imagine that they'll get in touch with details after you submit a proposal, if they've given no further information within their project description.

This could be a scam, though; I doubt that the client is going to "invite you on board ASAP" - that sounds way too easy. Do they have any previous feedback reviews? Payment verified? Did they just join today? Be aware that as a new freelancer, with a profile that looks like you have no experience or training as a translator, you are going to be targetted by scammers. Read this before you do anything else: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

NikolaS

Hi Liza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the offer you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and advise you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3be30c45
Community Member

Hello!

I'm also quite new to Upwork - and I found a similar job offer today (largescale, long-term post-editing of MT) with exactly the same wording  - plus the non-existing 'certification test' - and a "pay-per-word"-statement, but no amount. So I'd like to know the result of your discussion before I submit a proposal. 

Thanks a lot!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths