🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Change Terms from Hourly to Flat Rate
Page options
marksudell
Community Member

Change Terms from Hourly to Flat Rate

I am Messaging with a potential Client. I had sent him a Proposal in response to his Job Posting. The Job was Hourly but now we both agree that it would be best if it were Flat Rate. I attempted to change the terms, but I see no option to change to Flat Rate. he sasy the same on his end. So, what is the best approach to do this? Have him close the Job and create a new one that would be Flat Rate?

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Mark,

It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price (or vice versa) after hiring. To change the type of contract, your client will need to end the job and rehire you, changing the offer terms to an hourly or fixed-price contract, as appropriate. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

It would be helpful if this were an easy process. I lose clients over this inability for them to choose flat rate over hourly. They're usually new and usually overwhelmed by Upworks convoluted system. I have been trying to get this one client to change to a new contract. I finished the work, she likes it, but there is no where for her, or I, to contact support to walk her through it. Now what?

Hi Becky,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to your client directly via an email to assist them further. You can share with your client that they can expect an email from our team. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths