Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a Review

Highlighted
James E Member Since: Dec 1, 2016
1 of 19

Hello, 

If there are any site moderators or officials that could help me with this issue I would appreciate greatly. 

My problem: 

How do I modify a review that I gave someone? I mistakenly gave them a bad review on the basis of a misunderstanding and now that I know that this was done in error. I would now like to either omit the review entirely or be able to edit it to write a new one. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 19

In order to edit your feedback you will need to ask the other party to enable the feedback change. They can do this by clicking on your contract and next to feedback to you, there should be an option to enable change. Bare in mind that due to the double-blind feedback system, the option to enable changes will not be available until after they have left feedback for you, or until the 14-day feedback period closes, whichever comes first.

-Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
Rahul T Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
3 of 19

What if I gave a positive review and now want to change it? Is there a possibility to do t hat as well?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
4 of 19

Hi Rahul,

You would be able to change your feedback if the requirements previously mentioned by Lena is followed.

1. If the other party enabled the feedback change. 

2. The feedback change is within the 14 day period.

The 14 day period starts the day the contract is closed, and ends on the 14th day, you won't be able to edit your feedback. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Riri
Highlighted
Jason M Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
5 of 19
Hi Riri, This workflow does not work for changing a positive review to a negative one. Why would a freelancer allow you to change your positive feedback to a negative one? There must be another way. Any ideas? Thanks!
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 19

Hi Jason,

If you have any questions about your contract/feedback please send me a PM with more details along with the Contract ID. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Deborah A Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
7 of 19

I agree with Jason. I had a situation where the contractor I hired wouldn't release an important file until I gave him a "positive feedback". He even went as far as asking me to add comments to the review after I had already submitted it. I would actually like to give an honest review but I fear he wouldn't give me what was needed. Which was time crucial.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 19

Deborah, that's extortion and not allowed on the site, and if you can document this behavior, you should report the freelancer to Upwork so they can suspend him permanently.

Peter Z Member Since: Mar 18, 2020
9 of 19

Hello Upwork support,

We are reputable web development firm in New York with over 20 years on the market. We use Upwork for years and have never experienced anything close we are dealing with today with the freelancer **edited for Community Guidelines**  we have hired to turn a web app into iOS and Android. It's a simple job.

**edited for Community Guidelines** has promised to accomplish this for $2000 fixed-fee. He told us his Upwork account got hacked shortly after we posted the $2,000 on the ascrow. He told us Upwork has put his account on hold and the only way to release it was us closing the contracts, releasing the money and giving him 5-star review. So we did only to learn from **edited for Community Guidelines** that another $2,000 was needed to continue. We agreed to pay that after the work was done. **edited for Community Guidelines** came back to us on 3/18/2020 yet again to ask for another $1,000 due to the tweaks that we have requested. That’s a raise of 150% within 2 weeks. Not bad, huh?!

This whole thing looks like an extortion to our attorney, and it seems we will have no other choice but to charge back on the credit card provided for the first $2,000 if the issue was not immediately resolved in our favor.

Contract details https://www.upwork.com/ab/applicants/1217855242112331776/hired  

Freelancer: https://www.upwork.com/ab/c/636095/contracts/23781438#milestones%2F20200218%2F20200318

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 19

Peter,

I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you. It looks as if you were scammed. But it is not clear how the freelancer could have worked for you in the first place when their account seems to have been suspended.