🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Change location within country
Page options
xeekhan123
Community Member

Change location within country

Hi, I temporarily shifted from one city to another city within my country. Do I need to change my location?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Zubair,

When you`re moving for a longer period of time you should update your location. If you`re moving for a short period of time, there's no need to update your location.
Once you`re back in your hometown you can update your address again, rest assured you won't have any problems with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zubair, 

If you are moving to a new address, it would be best to update your location.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks, Avery. I shifted to another city not permanently, just for two months, so I will return to my previous address. My question was in this sense. Could you please guide me in this sense? I shall be very thank full to you. 

Hi Zubair,

When you`re moving for a longer period of time you should update your location. If you`re moving for a short period of time, there's no need to update your location.
Once you`re back in your hometown you can update your address again, rest assured you won't have any problems with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Our Agency is based in Pakistan and Australia, but our development teams are based in Pakistan specifically and management team like business analyst, CEO and Head of business are based in Australia who take care of the profile. So, we want to change the location from Pakistan to Australia. 

Would it be fine to change the location? And what document's should we have to submit again for verification?

Hi Hasan,

Thank you for your message. You can update your Agency address to Australia from the Agency Settings page if your agency is registered and based in Australia. Your Upwork freelancer account must include your current physical address. In case the verification is initiated on your Freelancer account, you will need to submit the address that matches your name and current physical location. We will let you know when your agency account needs verification.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths