๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป New to Upwork ยป Change of Legal name from married to single
Page options
mayelizabethrobl
Community Member

Change of Legal name from married to single

Hi ๐Ÿ˜Š

When I created my profile years ago I used my married name. Years after my marriage got annulled so I changed my name back to my single name.Im trying to set up my bank information just now and my bank account name is in my single name already so it doesn't match my profile married name here in Upwork.  I'm one and the same person. 
Who can I contact ? Which email can I write to -to provide the documents required ? Thank you

Username here in Upwork is - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi May,

Please fill out your W-8BEN form and add your payment method. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 3 days for the verification to be completed. 
If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran V.  for your prompt assistance.

Before I wrote my first message I attempted to edit my name to my single name . There was a response that it was subject for review.
However, when  I went back to follow your instructions for the payment method I noticed that it seems my single name has already been accepted/changed in my Profile . Also, I did not notice any more errors or mismatch notifications in the payment method. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Dear Goran V

I have encountered another problem. When I went back to my account to apply, it seems I have lost my connects which I had in my old Profile name. I changed my profile name to my single name  but I did not change my user name. It's the same account.  Is there a way I could get my connects back ? I think I have only applied in 2 jobs in my old Profile name and I had more than 50 connects if I remember.

What should I do ? I'm so new to this. 

Thank you

Hi May, 

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan for replying. I'm new to Upwork.

Kindly check if my private message went through.

May

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths