🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Change of hourly rate
Page options
banerjeemanajk
Community Member

Change of hourly rate

Hello,

I am a new freelancer to Upwork. A few minutes back I submitted a proposal for a long-term ghostwriting project but I had to compromise with the client's proposed rate as the said client won't be able to pay more than 0.70/100/2500 words per day from 9 a.m to 6 p.m (Pacific time)  which fall far below of my default rate of $50 per hour. I agreed to the proposal keeping in mind the long-term potentiality of the project. I have already sent the proposal. Suppose if I get the job, how Upwork adjust with the rate in this specific case? Please advise.   

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@Manaj B wrote:

Hello,

I am a new freelancer to Upwork. A few minutes back I submitted a proposal for a long-term ghostwriting project but I had to compromise with the client's proposed rate as the said client won't be able to pay more than 0.70/100/2500 words per day from 9 a.m to 6 p.m (Pacific time)  which fall far below of my default rate of $50 per hour. I agreed to the proposal keeping in mind the long-term potentiality of the project. I have already sent the proposal. Suppose if I get the job, how Upwork adjust with the rate in this specific case? Please advise.   

I only got as far as "my default rate of $ 50 an hour...." and being willing to work at a rate of $ 17 per day. You may want to set your profile rate to something a bit more realistic.

The job you describe is a fixed rate job, not an hourly one so your "default HOURLY rate" is entirely irrelevant.

Is that job you applied for ghostwriting in your native language?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths