🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Change profile name
Page options
ece4910a
Community Member

Change profile name

I am not able to change my profile name (which was pulled from my google account). I changed my name on my google account hoping it would reflect the new name here as well, but it's still the wrong name. I went through profile settings and do not see any option for changing my name.

Also, I do not intend to use my legal name at all, but I am seeing it need to verify that name in order to be paid? Can someone clarify how to do that, please?

I don't know how to submit a name change form. Please help! 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Blix,

You should be able to change your profile name by going to Settings > Contact Info to edit your name.

If the name you use here does not match your verified name, we’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours. If you use an unrecognized name variation or nickname, we’ll require that you verify your identity.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ece4910a
Community Member

Hi there,

When I go to "contact info" there is no option to change my name or verify
my name. How do I verify my name?
Thanks!

Hi Blix,

When you go to Contact Info in your Settings there should be an Account section. Next to Account is a pencil icon that will allow you to edit the information there. Your verified name is the one on your government-issued ID, but you do not have any verification request on your account at the moment. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ece4910a
Community Member

Thank you for answering, I have tried all of these and there isn’t a way to change my name. The edit button brings me back to the privacy tab and I can’t change anything apart from my password there.
Thank you!
Amanda

Hi Blix,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths