🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Changing Email Address that was Used from...
Page options
alvinmanalac
Community Member

Changing Email Address that was Used from a Closed Account

I have created a profile that was not approved until I have closed it. I have used a Gmail email address for the Contact Info. I have closed it because my first profile from ODesk has been retained and have updated it. The email address defined in this profile was my Yahoo email. I wanted to update it with my Gmail address. But upon attempting, it prompted "This email is already in use." Take note that I have already closed my previous account with the Gmail address. I also tried to login with my Gmail address but it displayed "... Username is incorrect." Thus, my Gmail address would be defined in my active account and would replace my Yahoo email. In line with this, I would like to ask this: How to change the email address in the contact info with an email address that was previously used as a contact for another profile which was already been closed? Please help. Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alvin, 

I'll go ahead and check if your request is possible.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Avery!

I would like to know if you have an update on my inquiry.

I hope to receive your feedback.

Thanks.

Thank you for following up, and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you Alvin. As per the team, once verified, and email address can no longer be released from an account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Avery!

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, I'm not requesting for a release in an account. I just wanted to define my email from Gmail as my Contact Info, replacing my Yahoo email. Even the former has already been verified, the account associated with it has already been closed because my profile since ODesk has been retained and was now updated, except for the email. That's what I wanted to do, set my Gmail address as my Contact Info.

I hope the Upwork Support Team can check on this further.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths