🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Changing First/Last Name
Page options
7526f396
Community Member

Changing First/Last Name

I registered with Gmail and the first and last name set in Gmail was a nickname. It was imported to UpWork when I registered but I have not been able to find a way to override it with my actual first and last name. I've made changes in Gmail Account and logged in/out of UpWork several times to see if it would change it - no luck there. Please help.

(Before you repond with go to your profile and make changes, know that I've already tried that and the links provided in several help articles result in "page not found" errors.)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Goran, but I had already tried that as stated in parenthesis at the end of the OP.

The actual problem is that you MUST enable a "Security Question". Although, configuring a Security Question isn't presented as a "required" option. After setting it, I was able to get to any of the editable First and Last Name textboxes found in the contact info tab.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bob,

To submit a name change request go to Settings > Contact Info and update your name. Once the request is reviewed, our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran, but I had already tried that as stated in parenthesis at the end of the OP.

The actual problem is that you MUST enable a "Security Question". Although, configuring a Security Question isn't presented as a "required" option. After setting it, I was able to get to any of the editable First and Last Name textboxes found in the contact info tab.

Hi StreetBob, this really helped 🙂 thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths