🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Changing My Name
Page options
shewa_o
Community Member

Changing My Name

Hi there,

I'm new to Upwork and made my account today. I made my profile with my prefered name and not my legal name. I didn't know this would be an issue until I tried to set up the payment option. I receievd a name missmatch message and I was wondering how do I manually change my name to my legal. I've been searching for an email or telephone contact but I haven't had much luck. I'm able to provide a government ID to verify my identity. 

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer. 

Many thanks

Shewa 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
akbgill
Community Member

Shewa If your name change request is under review then your name should change. Becasue I also chage my name. After review upwork change my name it takes few days.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
akbgill
Community Member

shewa_o
Community Member

Hi Abrar,

Thank you for your response. I tried to initially edit the name before I posted my enquiry, however I got a response saying my name change request is under review. My worry is that I was not asked for my ID and thus I feel like the review might be rejected for lack of ID. Can you send me a link to the place where I can upload my ID as I cannot find it. When I go into settings and click the contact info tab, there's no option to upload my ID. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Shewa 

akbgill
Community Member

Shewa If your name change request is under review then your name should change. Becasue I also chage my name. After review upwork change my name it takes few days.

shewa_o
Community Member

Thank you so much for your responses. 

Hey Shewa, have you change your id? because I am also going through this same problem. 
If you did, please share your experience so that I can get the solution. 
Thanks in advance. 

Hi Tushar,

Yes my name was changed. In settings, under contact info, I was able to change my name. This was approved and I was asked to upload a form of photographic ID which I did. 

I hope that helps.

Shewa

akbgill
Community Member

& Where is Question of ID check. When upwork need to check your ID they will send you ID check request. You cannot verify your ID. There is no option to verify your ID without upwork notification.

muddassir-rai
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. I had changed my name in my profile few days ago and added my legal name. Today, when i added my payoneer account, i received mail in which it was showing that my payment method has been added to my financial account, appearing my old/fictitious name.

How can this issue be solved.

Your valuable guidance will be highly appreciated.

Hi Muzammil,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok. Thank you

Hi Sir,

My name is Kavitha K. Since i got married i entered in upwork as Kavitha Arun Karthick. Now i changed my name in upwork as Kavitha Karthikeyan. But i am unable to set billing method since name doesn't match. I have already submitted the documents. But till no action taken

Hi Kavitha,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1129ecbb
Community Member

Hi,
I'm new to Upwork and made my account before 3 days. I made my profile with my prefered name and not my legal name. I didn't know this would be an issue until I tried to set up the payment option. I have tried to change my name in contact info. But my requedt was denied. I don't know why. Please help me in this.

Hi Specific,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name change request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran, same issue with my new acc. I can't edit my name in settings. Many thanks.

Hi Uzu,

Could you please confirm what is the issue you're experiencing when trying to update your name in Settings > Contact Info?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, thanks so much for your help!

I am actually don't seeing any option to change my name in Settings.

Thanks.

Hi Uzu,

Once you're on your settings page, you should click on the Contact Info option. Please see this screenshot for your reference. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths