🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Changing a fixed rate contract value
Page options
09238d4a
Community Member

Changing a fixed rate contract value

Hi

I'm new to this platform. Posted a job, agreed on a different price to what was originally agreed. i.e the original fixed rate job price was $120 which was accepted by the freelancer. During the contract we agreed to lower the rpice to $100. How can I reflect this, if at all possible, with the existing contract in force? Or is it simply a case of cancelling the job and re-doing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baz, welcome to Upwork!

I checked your contract and see a partial amount has been funded for the first Milestone. Note that once you received the portion of the work agreed for this Milestone, you will be able to create an fund the second Milestone for the remaining amount, in line with your new agreement with the freelancer. The original amount displayed under agreed amount section won't affect the process of funding the subsequent Milestone for the new amount.

Please review this Help article for more information on how payments are processed on Fixed-Price contracts, review the client resources for valuable tips and instructions designed to help new clients and follow up if you need further guidance or advice.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baz, welcome to Upwork!

I checked your contract and see a partial amount has been funded for the first Milestone. Note that once you received the portion of the work agreed for this Milestone, you will be able to create an fund the second Milestone for the remaining amount, in line with your new agreement with the freelancer. The original amount displayed under agreed amount section won't affect the process of funding the subsequent Milestone for the new amount.

Please review this Help article for more information on how payments are processed on Fixed-Price contracts, review the client resources for valuable tips and instructions designed to help new clients and follow up if you need further guidance or advice.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Great!

Many thanks for the info 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths