🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Changing email address
Page options
Community Member

Changing email address

Hi there. I recently created an upwork account and only realized after it was too late that I used the wrong email address to sign up. Is there any way I can change the email address associated with the account and keep me profile?

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Dallas,

If you need to update your email address on file, please go to Settings> Contact Info. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi there. 

I've aleady tried that, but the option does not exist. I have the option to change my password, but not my email.

Hi Dallas,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey Joanne, could you also help me out?

I wanted to merge my upwork accounts.
And change email from 11111 to 22222.

Previously I had an account opened for 22222 email and I closed it with the hope to update email in different account.

Please help me with this *Email is already in use* error.
It shouldn't be in use if I closed an account, right?

Hi Roman,

I would like to confirm that opening more than one freelancer profile is a serious violation of our TOS. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your original account. Once this is done you will need to close your new account as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well that's the thing I didn't complete the creation of the new account.
And recall that I already had one

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths