🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Changing name.
Page options
proladzx
Community Member

Changing name.

Hello up work community, 

I am Md Shihab Uddin, I changed my profile name, now it changed from the menu where I can log out. But when I am clicked to the menu to find work and then click submenu the profile it shows my old name, not a new name. In the menubar show a new name and in the profile show old name. In this case, what do I do? 

I hope I will get a solution here. 

Best regards

Md Shihab Uddin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Shihab,

I have manually generated your profile which should now be reflecting the most recent information on it.

Please clear your cache and cookies and try using a different browser to check if it's showing correctly on your end after this.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Shihab,

I have manually generated your profile which should now be reflecting the most recent information on it.

Please clear your cache and cookies and try using a different browser to check if it's showing correctly on your end after this.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I encountered the same. My account has already been changed but my profile name is still the same. Kindly help me to update my profile name. Thanks

Hi Michelle Ann,

I checked your account and see that your name change request has already been approved. If you are not seeing this change from your end, please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dkcua
Community Member

I need help in changing my name into my real name. I have put in my nick name. Kindly change it to Dyan Karen Cua. Please see my attached ID. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kay,

Your account information can be updated at any time, but certain portions of your account information must comply with Upwork's Terms of Service. To update your account information, go to Settings > My Info (Contact Info). Please see this help article for more assistance. 

~ Riri
hackx
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

I currently facing a problem with my identity verification. 

Actually few days back I changed my name from "Said Shah" to my real name "Said Wali" as in my bank account and NIC. The name change was successful and my profile is showing now the correct name.

Now I received a notification from upwrok to verify my identity by submitting my NIC.

When I am uploading the ID the form is showing my old ID name (Said Shah) which is not matching my ID and thus the identity verification is getting failed after several attempts. I have the screenshot. Please advise.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Said,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hackx
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I even tried from another browser that I never used for login to upwork but I am facing the same issue.

I just tried this time from my internet explored but still the same problem.

Please advise and see the attached picture for reference.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists, Said. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hackx
Community Member

Hi bojan,

I have already raised a ticket but for some reason they are not getting the point. They just send me the procedure how to do the identity verification that i already know but the problem i am facing seems they are not getting it.

I have provided them the screen shot as well. The ticket i have reopened again. Waiting for response. The reason i was looking for a solution here if some one can suggest a fast way to do it.

Thanks
proladzx
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Thanks for getting back to me. Now it shows the new name on profile and menubar.

Have a great time.

Completely my pleasure.

Best Regards.

Md Shihab Uddin

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths