🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Changing profile to new field of expertis...
Page options
j_pir_bab
Community Member

Changing profile to new field of expertise and deleting sole review - is it possible?

Hi there! A couple of months ago I created an Upwork profile and attempted to specialize in a field I had very limited experience in - because I needed a change after working in an institution for over 27 years. So, it didnt' go too well - and I got a bad review (3.8). 🙂 I would like to change my profile, particularly my field of expertise - going back to the tried and tested (I've realized "if it ain't broke..."). Anyway, as I completely change my profile and my area of expertise can I delete that one and only review that will no longer be valid to the work for which I am advertising myself?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

No - feedback is permanent no matter how you edit your profile. If you get to the status of top-rated freelancer, you'll have access to the perk to remove bad feedback (you'll  find info about that in the help section).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

No - feedback is permanent no matter how you edit your profile. If you get to the status of top-rated freelancer, you'll have access to the perk to remove bad feedback (you'll  find info about that in the help section).

That's too bad. It would be great to have the ability to delete any feedback unrelated to your current profile. I guess I will have to suck it up and hope any potential new clients will see past a bad decision on my part to try something new - that has no bearing on the current profile.

Right now I'm struggling to accept the fact that my past bad choices on Upwork are showing me what I need to learn. For example, I just had a dispute with a client. Because it was hourly I pretty much won (less a couple of manually input hours) and If I'm lucky, I'll just have no review as a result (rather than a bad one).

That all happened because I didn't pay attention to the red flags that rose up while we were doing the interview. I'm new to Upwork, and I wanted the job! But had I paid attention to them I would have either not taken the job or structured the contract differently.

So if it's any help, you might see that experience as a learning one. I'm not suggesting I know what you need to learn from it 🙂 ... I'm just offering that thought. Perhaps your insight will also help you refine your profile to reflect whatever you learn.

I wish you great luck! I'm finding this a constant learning experience and so far it's been well worth it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths