Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Limit on Posts

Highlighted
Levent U Member Since: Jan 27, 2017
1 of 7

Hi,

Is there a character limit for body and subject parts of the threads? I have a long post to submit here but failed every single time. There is no specific error message. It always tells me to try again later. I tried to post my message yesterday and today several times but was unsuccessful. The only thing that comes to my mind is character limit. Upwork Help Request didn't work too. (I don't know if this post will work either.)

How can I get support outside of this community? How can I solve the issue with my community account? Error messages are not explanatory.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Paste it into a Word doc and cut it into two posts and try again, posting the first part first and then click on "Reply" and try pasting the second half.

That said, endless rants don't often get read and it might be better to chop it down to the essential of whatever it is you want to say.

I also think it is a bit of a waste of Customer Support time to ask them about posting on the forum. That really isn't their job....

Highlighted
3 of 7

Thanks for the tip Petra. I will follow your advice and try to reduce the message on a seperate thread. I will also break it into two. If it works that way, I will accept your answer.

Highlighted
4 of 7

Since I was able to post this message, I think it is related with my previous message. Additionally, under my profile picture I see that I have 10 posts (without this one), but I can only see 6 of them. Does it mean that my other 4 posts are submitted but I cannot see them yet? I tried to read other threads to look for an answer but couldn't find any. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 7

Hi Levent,

I believe you are referring to this post. I apologize about the delay, it was blocked by an automatic filter but it is published now.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
6 of 7

Thanks Valeria. What was the reason for blockage? I saw posts longer than mine. Is there anything that I should consider before posting?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Levent, I won't be able to share why certain posts are blocked. The length of the post isn't a problem though.

~ Valeria
Untitled