🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Charges on upwork payments to India
Page options
shriyap
Community Member

Charges on upwork payments to India

Hi, I am an Indian freelancer new to upwork and struggling to understand the nitty gritties of the platform. I wanted to know from any Indian freelancer in the community who’s using an ICICi bank for receiving payment through direct to bank transfer what the charges are (if any) for such payments. So far I am aware of what my payment looks like post service fee, tds, currency conversion and so forth. Just wanted to clarify if there are any additional charges people using icici bank have noted when from the banks end when receiving payment. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Shriya,

Welcome to Upwork! 

In general, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. The cost per withdrawal direct to your local bank is $0.99 (plus incoming fees at some banks). More information can be found in this help article. I'm sure other Indian community members would be happy to share helpful information with you regarding any specific charges for direct to local bank withdrawals in your location. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
shriyap
Community Member

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your reply. I knew that Upwork wouldn't be able to help me with regard to the incoming fees for my particular Indian bank. I addressed the Indian freelancers specifically so I could get a more accurate answer for my query. Btw, are there specific communities on Upwork for different kinds of answers. With my question, I am just getting the impression I am throwing my query out into the ether and dont really know who is seeing my question. And so on. Essentially, how does the community work. For example does everyone on Upwork get a notification for new queries on Upwork that they may chose to answer. Or the more active members get to see questions. Thanks

Hi Shriya,

You can post your question on the appropriate board, for example, if it's something related in relation to freelancing, you'd post it on the "Freelancers" board; if you're new to Upwork, you'd post it on the "New to Upwork" board, and so on. You can also go to your Community settings to adjust your notifications in any way you want, by clicking on your profile image and selecting "My Settings" while on any Community page. You might also find it really helpful to check this post from Lena on how to use the Community.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tarun007_
Community Member

I am using ICICI bank as payment method. There is no deduction at the bank level. You need to submit Aadhar and PAN info to avoid 5% TDS deduction at the source. Even I recieve the payment on the same day of withdrawal from Upwork earnings. 

Hi I am new to upwork, I would like to know if there are any currency conversion charges applicable to Indian transfers apart from the TDS deduction.

Hello,I am a new freelance writer on upwork.The staff person of the client I work for released payment on 21January.I activated my bank account today and selected get paid now option on Get Paid tab.How many days will it take for the payment to get reflected on my account?The client was from overseas-Phillipines

Hi Arjit,

The time it takes for funds you withdraw from your Upwork account to arrive on your end depends on the Payment Method you used. In your case, this was a Direct to Local Bank withdrawal, and it can take up to seven business days for a withdrawal to be received. You can check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
87b6320d
Community Member

Hi Upwork community!

Is there anyone who use Axis bank for receiving payment through direct to local bank transfer? I would like to know whether there is any additional charges other than 0.99$.

Thanks!

rb8hm
Community Member

Normally Indian banks do not charge for incoming remittance in foreign exchange. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths