cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking profile

Salamat A Member Since: Oct 26, 2016
1 of 3

hello every one can any expert please check my profile. I need to know from you how good is my profile. What should I do to my profile to attract my client. I have submitted 22 proposals but no reply. What should I do?

Profile link: 

http://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01aca690f9d63e5dc1/

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Salamat:

If it is your intent to work for people the United States or culturally similar places, you really should change your profile photo.

At the reduced size and low-res format that your photo is seen in client's candidate lists, it looks like you are frowning, and it looks like you really don't want to work for me.

Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
3 of 3

I desire to utilize my skills in order to build up my foundation in the field of virtual assistant.

My aim and desire is to achieve a positive feed back from my client.

I am always learning- if I don't have the specific skill that my client need today, you can be sure I'll will be ready to learn it quickly so you can hire me tomorrow

The above are a few sentences from your profile. I am also a client and, in my opinion, they come across as a bit self-centered.

In search results,only a short snippet of your overview is shown, so the first thing a client will see is basically that you want to gain experience as a virtual assistant (1st sentence). This will automatically make you look like you don't know what you're doing and clients likely won't click to read the rest of your profile. 

Second, clients want to feel valued. They don't want to think that you're just after good feedback so that you can move on to another client. Long term business, especially in your field, is a good thing. You may want to change the wording to something more along the lines of providing a positive experience. 

It's great that you love to learn, but the way that you do it can either make you look very good or very bad. The last sentence just doesn't come across very well. 

These things go for your proposals as well. You need to project value, expertise and focus mainly on what the clients care about -- results. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS