🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Checking progress toward being Top Rated?
Page options
josephricarddev
Community Member

Checking progress toward being Top Rated?

Hey folks, is there any way to check one's progress towards achieving Top Rated status? I understand the criteria to become Top Rated, and I know that I've satisfied all the requirements so far except this one:

"Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks"

Anyone have suggestions on how to check one's progress toward that criterion?

I guess my main concern is that I don't trust the Upwork backend to calculate this correctly after the recent JSS weirdness. An interface that shows how we are tracking towards these milestones would be really useful for transparency's sake.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
josephricarddev
Community Member

Hey everyone, I was able to find an interface element that shows one's progress towards Top Rated status. While logged in, navigate to Find Work > My Stats to see your progress towards becoming Top Rated.

My Stats - Mozilla Firefox_006.png

I hope this ends up helping someone!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Joseph R wrote:

Hey folks, is there any way to check one's progress towards achieving Top Rated status? I understand the criteria to become Top Rated, and I know that I've satisfied all the requirements so far except this one:

"Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks"

Anyone have suggestions on how to check one's progress toward that criterion?

I guess my main concern is that I don't trust the Upwork backend to calculate this correctly after the recent JSS weirdness. An interface that shows how we are tracking towards these milestones would be really useful for transparency's sake.

Nooooooooooooo. An interface or more detailed tracking would just multiply the forum postings about JSS exponentially, we don't need that! JSS will always be a bit of a black box because upwork does not want freelancers to be able to manipulate it. More. 

The best way for you to track it is compile your data weekly in an excel spread-sheet, but even better is not worrying too much about it. 

I have to admit, I'm one of those people who submitted a support ticket in a futile attempt to have a ding on my JSS explained. From my perspective, the deluge of annoying posts about JSS is a direct consequence of the calculation being a black box. If the algorithm was defined explicitly, folks would surely try to game it as you say, and that IS bad. But I can't imagine that people would post exponentially more complaints when the system is clearly articulated and unambiguous.

I do agree with you that it's best not to worry about such things -- my experience has been great so far, even without Top Rated status. Nevertheless the benefits of the title are significant enough that I really want to stay on track. I'll try the journaling you describe. Thanks for your reply!
josephricarddev
Community Member

Hey everyone, I was able to find an interface element that shows one's progress towards Top Rated status. While logged in, navigate to Find Work > My Stats to see your progress towards becoming Top Rated.

My Stats - Mozilla Firefox_006.png

I hope this ends up helping someone!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths