🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » City not recognized while setting up profile....
Page options
michael-compton
Community Member

City not recognized while setting up profile...Can not move forward.

I am working on setting up my profile. I live in a very rural area of Oklahoma. I keep getting an error as I try to do this that says "Select a city from the list" The problem is the city that is my address...does not come up as an option in this list. My zip code is 74833 and the town is Castle Oklahoama....but your list does not give me that as an option. I can manually type state and zipcode...but when I type the city, it keeps trying to make me select from the list (also...my address was not found so I am doing the whole address in manual mode)

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I haven't checked your account yet. But before I proceed, I wanted to check if you filled in the "Start typing your address" field? Once you type your address, this should auto-populate with different addresses. You should be able to select your address from the drop-down options as you continue typing. The rest of the fields will be filled-in once your address is selected. 

Let me know if this is not the case, and I'll be happy to assist you.

Start Typing Your Address.png

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same issue. My understanding is that the root cause is that it is not possible to choose the country (set to United Kingdom by default, while I am located in Italy).

Hi Sergio,

Your country has been updated as per your request. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

sir i also belong to a town which is not in the city list named Farooqabad what should I do..?

Hello Hassan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths