🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client Concern
Page options
melcherc
Community Member

Client Concern

I have just started putting in proposals, and I have a concern about an interested client. The client reached out in a message and marked my proposal so that it showed as an "ongoing proposal." The client wanted to communicate via Skype for an "interview" that was actually a questionnaire and expressed an intent to hire. Since then, the client has asked for personal identifying information, including my address and banking information.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You already know that this is not a real client.

You can click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the upper right hand corner of the job posting and report them.

When Upwork romoves a job posting for violating ToS, you AUTOMATICALLY receive your connects back.

And go ahead and block them from communicating with you via both Upwork and Skype. You don't need to waste your time with people like that.

gaspardjack
Community Member

It's a scam, genuine clients don't ask for bank information.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cassy, 

This is an unusual request and we recommend not confirming this request. Clients normally don't need this information and you can share with them your general location if that's a need. But, sharing your personal address and banking information is not something you should provide.

Since you are new here, I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths