🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client/Freelancer protocols
Page options
hugo_j
Community Member

Client/Freelancer protocols

Fellow freelancers,

I'm hoping that you can help me with this dilemma, or at least shy some light on how you approach the rate imbalance between what client's consider a fair wage and what a realistic price for services actually cost.

Many clients offer a fix fee which does not take into account changes and revisions, and of deadlines do not take into account rush charges or last minute changes.

So my question is how do you address the issue of price and deadlines when putting together a proposal to a client.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated

Best

Hugo

2 REPLIES 2
starrynightastro
Community Member

I don’t put that stuff in the proposal. When they respond to the bid I tell them what my price includes. For instance since I’m a freelance writer I tell them that I don’t do extensive rewrites. We agree on the story and I write it.

I look at it this way. I dont get paid for the finished product. I get paid the work I do on the project. As long as I follow the parameters of the project there shouldn’t be much discussion on the result.

If the client wants something above and beyond the project you tell them at the time what it costs.
kat303
Community Member

Bid on the job for what you are worth  Make it known how many revisions or edits that price includes and anything above and beyond that will required additional funding..If there's a tight deadline, factor that into your price.  If you expect a lot of edits or revisions, ask for an hourly contract because no matter how many edits or revisions, you'll be paid for your time doing them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths