🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client Giving Project and No reply when p...
Page options
6af9c8a4
Community Member

Client Giving Project and No reply when project is finished

I have proposed for a project and the client contacted me with his requirements, he needed a brochure. I said I could complete it in two days, within two days I have completed the work and tried to send him but the file size was large so I uploaded it in google drive and gave the link. But I didn't get his reply ever after. I send a personal message and he said he awarded the project to someone else.

Is it normal here that clients give projects to so many and pay one and just vanish?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aravind,

I checked your profile and I can see that you have submitted only a proposal but never received an offer for the contract. Please keep in mind that clients can interview multiple freelancers before deciding to whom to award their job. 
I would strongly recommend not to start working before you`re hired on an official contract. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aravind,

I checked your profile and I can see that you have submitted only a proposal but never received an offer for the contract. Please keep in mind that clients can interview multiple freelancers before deciding to whom to award their job. 
I would strongly recommend not to start working before you`re hired on an official contract. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thankyou I will note that 🙂

Hi,
I have a client whose project is completed 3-4 months ago, I texted him a lot for ending the contract... But he is not responding...
What should I do?

Hi Qalib, 

If your client is not responding, you can go ahead and close the contract yourself. If you're worried about how this will affect your Job Success Score, I would like to confirm that contracts with a history of earnings but no feedback, whether closed or not, are mostly excluded from your score's calculation. However, if you have many contracts where no feedback has been given, it can impact your score (a little) negatively because it indicates some of your clients were dissatisfied. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths